I know it's bad to press pause or take a breather.

Options
I know the phrase "keep pressing play"; however, this is my first TRUE workout in about 3 years. I almost died today, lol. I had to stop 4-5 times (30seconds each roughly) just to stop pain. Is anyone else anywhere near out of shape as I am? Lol, I was planning on going to the P90x after this, but that just might kill me. Hopefully I do better tomorrow. I do not want to be this out of shape anymore!

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I try to keep my pauses to 5 seconds. I also have to modify the jumping jacks and butt kicks. :(
    Oh well, it will keep getting easier if we keep pushing!
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jillian kicks my butt! Starting this tommorow again ;)
  • GypsyOverstreet
    Options
    The more you do the workout the easier they will become... Modify what you need to and just keep pushing through...
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Thanks :) Hopefully it doesn't feel like my arms and legs are just gonna fall off tomorrow lol. Good luck to you guys too. I'll try to keep my "breathers" for about 5 seconds if none at all.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is the darn jumping jacks! Its just awkward being this heavy... Jumping jacks were easier when I was fit… Now I have boobs and a stomach bouncing and making me feel beyond weird. LOL I am having a hard time do 30 full seconds of jumping jacks and will usually do a few and then jog in place then few more....

I WILL BE ABLE TO DO 30 SECONDS AFTER 30 DAYS!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    My biggest issue is the darn jumping jacks! Its just awkward being this heavy... Jumping jacks were easier when I was fit… Now I have boobs and a stomach bouncing and making me feel beyond weird. LOL I am having a hard time do 30 full seconds of jumping jacks and will usually do a few and then jog in place then few more....

LOL, my breasts get in the way too- I completely understand. (As I'm sure most women on here agree as well.) I used to think Jumping Jacks were a waste of a workout...UNTIL NOW! They hurt me so bad! That's a good idea- if I can't keep up, at least try something else. Thanks for sharing.
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my biggest problem is the push ups .. I suck at push ups! I stopped a couple times to get my breath. I did this last year and after a few days it was easier. when I did it last year I stayed at level one longer.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Keep going! It does get easier. I shredded once before but only made it to 20 days. Even then I saw results.

I just started shredding again this week. I had to stop to catch my breath a few times, but I completed L1D3 today and I stopped a little less. Onward and upward!
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today is the first time I had done 30DS in over a year. But I have been going to the gym all this time & recently took up Zumba. I think that helped me not totally die today with day 1.... If you have to rest a few seconds so be it. It's far better than stopping altogether. I can understand why this is difficult for anyone! I thought I was in better shape than this, but hey I am welcoming the new challenge. Just keep trying. Before you know it you won't be hitting pause & you won't be cursing jumping jacks. Which, I must say, was not the worst for me. I think Zumba conditioned me for it! LOL
  • googly1982
    Options
    i just finished day 2 and i am soooooooo sore! i thought it would be terrible doing it again today, but once my muscles got moving, it felt better. i feel like jelly now, but i am determined not to miss any days. the pain is good... it means that your muscles have torn in tiny little bits and new muscle is being built to repair it. pain=new muscle=less fat. you can do it!!! stretching a little estra before and after will help and walking a little will help loosen your muscles up...
  • emmazacklover
    Options
    my biggest problem is the push ups .. I suck at push ups! I stopped a couple times to get my breath. I did this last year and after a few days it was easier. when I did it last year I stayed at level one longer.
    me, too!!!!! I so suck at push ups!!! I wish those would get easier!
    PS I LOVE your pic...
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    me, too!!!!! I so suck at push ups!!! I wish those would get easier!
    PS I LOVE your pic...

Thanks, I was looking for a pic in my library to find for here and I came across this one and it just seemed perfect :)
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Today is the first time I had done 30DS in over a year. But I have been going to the gym all this time & recently took up Zumba. I think that helped me not totally die today with day 1.... If you have to rest a few seconds so be it. It's far better than stopping altogether. I can understand why this is difficult for anyone! I thought I was in better shape than this, but hey I am welcoming the new challenge. Just keep trying. Before you know it you won't be hitting pause & you won't be cursing jumping jacks. Which, I must say, was not the worst for me. I think Zumba conditioned me for it! LOL

Lol, I have Zumba for my kinect. It's pretty fun and I have heard a lot of people saying they lost weight from it :). I like it so far, I just don't really like the music, lol. Hard for me to dance to it, if I'm not really into it! Thanks everyone for your encouragement for me and everyone doing this.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and I still have to take quick pauses to down some water. I didn't think I was this out of shape until I tried this workout! But it IS getting easier.

I was thinking about doing P90X (lean) after this, maybe we can do it together too? :D
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

LOL, my breasts get in the way too- I completely understand. (As I'm sure most women on here agree as well.) I used to think Jumping Jacks were a waste of a workout...UNTIL NOW! They hurt me so bad! That's a good idea- if I can't keep up, at least try something else. Thanks for sharing.

I hate that my boobs jump around! I find it weirder though when I am doing the butt kicks or whatever they are called, my butt bounces! Awkward! :embarassed:
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have to stop when doing pushups. They are the worse! Crunches are actually easier for me but I guess I have no arm strength? Idk.

For jumping jacks, butt kicks, etc I can only do a few and then I end up jogging in place. I figure as long as I'm moving, I'm still doing well. Can't wait to see results.

Keep pushing everyone!
  • mronda32
    mronda32 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on to Day 5 today. Although on Day 1 I took many breathers and pressed paused a few times, I must admit that yesterday (Day 4) was much easier. I actually got through my push-ups and I'm only pausing 2-3 times throughout the entire workout.

Keep going ladies because I promise you in 5 days I can actually see myself getting stronger. GO ME!!!
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing through indeed ...

I hate pushups, I can't do them in either state - advanced lvl or beginner ... If I do 2 proper ones, then I am lucky ... I think I am pushing my bum up rather than pushing from arms ...

I also struggle with side lunges at the end where she says don't bend your knee over the toe ... but by that point I am not sure if I am doing it right or not, I just want to get it over and done with ...

I have a big bust as well, but I bought myself a gym outfit and with the help of a bra underneath, I can do the jumping jacks and the skipping, it's just the circuit 2 - cardio that makes my legs burn when she alternates 30 secs jumping jacks with 30 secs skipping ... ouch ...