The parades!

Options
The parades are awesome and all, i love watchin em, but once theyre over or ending i finsta bail!

The crowds are so thick though! I stick to my cow catcher technique where i form my hands like im diving into a pool in front of me and just mumble out loud something about using the restroom or being lost and desperate!
Seems to work, my friends just latch onto my waist and follow me til we get to the tram, train or run as quick as we can to small world or alice in wonderland before the parade crowd realizes it!

Do u guys stick Round for the parades or bail early to get to rides?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like to take advantage of parade time to ride the rides without such long lines...
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I like to take advantage of parade time to ride the rides without such long lines...

Me too!! I am not a parade girl, I always found them boring.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like the parades. When I was there we'd go to Epcot and sit in one spot where we could see the parade go by twice! :) The parade (at the time) would start moving in 2 spots and the first section of the parade would come out right in front of us and go to our left and the second section would come in from our right and go back where the first one came out. It ended up that the first one was just leaving the area in front of us, when the second one was about to go backstage. :) Sometimes, knowing a few behind the scene secrets helps! :) Then we'd turn around and watch the fireworks show over the lagoon! :) We'd do this every night for weeks straight! We could sing the songs by heart! :) Oh man! I miss my group of friends there!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Me too!! I am not a parade girl, I always found them boring.

Same here. We love taking advantage of the rides when everyone else is watching a parade.
  • reddythompson
    Options
    I love the parades but I also love the rides so we try to do both - which means a longer Disney trip
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Pinkiepreppie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    On our first trip we sat on the ground and waited hours for Spectromagic to go by. It was beautiful, but the amount of time we had to wait in order to secure a prime spot just wasn't worth it to me. So, when we were in Magic Kingdom during Christmas, we didn't bother to find a spot to watch the parade. We didn't even keep track of the times for it. Funny thing is that we happened to be in one of the beautiful shops when it came by. We peeked out, got a great viewing spot right there, and saw the entire parade. I took some amazing photos, and it remains the best parade we ever saw. The best part was that we saw it by accident...no waiting or seat saving involved.