combining different systems

Options
megcsx2
megcsx2 Posts: 7 Member
The last week has been a shocker for me eating wise with my MIL here from out of town (just an excuse I know!) So I am BACK ON THE WAGON!

What I wanted to know, was if there was anybody else that is using this system in conjunction with other systems such as Weight Watchers?

My mother has had great success using the Body Trim System and Weight Watchers combined.

So my plan is follow the Body Trim System (high protein) make sure I keep to my 18 WW points a day, and also enter the food in here to make sure I am under my 1200cal limit.

Am I making too much work for myself? should I just stick to entering the food on here instead of counting points?

Replies

• denz100plus
    denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have not done ww points but I would imagine they are just calculated on basic calories. eg. 100 cal = 1 point and you are allowed 12 points a day or something like that. So there would be little difference between that and this.

I am seriously on a sticky point and thinking of low carbing on this... changing my limits to suit. So that is sorta combining.. sorta
  • bekkaz
    bekkaz Posts: 5
    Options
    Personally, I would follow one or the other properly, then use the other one as a comparison. You'll probably find there isn't a whole heap difference between WW and MFP.
  • tinbumnz
    Options
    I would probably do either WW or MFP, as they are both counting up points to a certain amount, it's just that WW works out their points differently (based on calories, but high fat/sugary foods are more points).

I would then try and make sure that I was eating high protein but keeping within the points/calories allocated each day.

I do something similar, with MFP (calorie counting) being the base of it, but making sure I'm not having too many simple carbs (which my body doesn't like).

As long as you're making sure you're still getting all your nutrients, there shouldn't be a problem in combining these things.
  • megcsx2
    megcsx2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I did notice that weight watchers points and this calorie counting do equal out to be the same so there is no point doing both. Will just stick with MFP because I love the support on here and know that other people can read my diary!!

I have been doing the Body Trim System and just finished the 3day detox where I eat nothing but protein. Haven't been hungry once, today I get to bring back one serving of fruit/starch and as many non starchy vege as I like with lunch and dinner which I am quite happy about!!
  • debsilou
    Options
    I'm doing a combination. I'm doing a LCHF (low carb, high fat) diet which has been shown to improve weight loss significantly and appears to be the new 'thing' in weight loss. I'm doing that in combination with MFP due to the exercise allowances I'm given as I'm doing a lot of exercise too. It seems to be going ok for me so far.