Options
Howdy all,

My name's Joe, and I'm a cop. (If you're old enough to laugh at that, then explain it to someone nearby!) I've been using MFP for a while to help with my goals, I only recently decided to reach out to the community, as well.

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week.

Joe

Replies

• mhamlin
    mhamlin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm Maggie and I am a firefighter in Kemah Texas!
  • firefightmc
    firefightmc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm David , Im a Firefighter... pleasure to meet you all.
  • kevinc911
    kevinc911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Kevin, I'm a Paramedic in NC!

Lov'n myFitnesspal and moving forward in my healthy lifestyle journey!
  • Daschnitker
    Daschnitker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Greetings all,

I am a 50 year old 32 year veteran firefighter/EMT-I. Ran my own constructions business for years, retired from that Quit smoking and now teaching fire/EMS almost full time. Have gotten that middle aged belly and lost lots of muscle. Trying to get healthy again.
  • Lantzbug
    Options
    Hi. I'm Erica. 911 Dispatcher.
  • stephdittel
    Options
    HI, I'm Stephanie. I'm a critical care transport nurse on a MICU. I'm SOOOOO tired of being fat and uncomfortable but am totally lost when it comes to balancing fitness/eating/and stupid crazy hours!!! I'm ready to do something about it!
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Hope we can give y I u some support and motivation.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm Gary, I am a Correctional Officer. I've gotten "the gut" that some of us in this field usually develop. Too much time on third shift. I've run out of excuses and I'm getting back to my 25 year old self. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
  • sbfd0534
    sbfd0534 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe,
    My name is Doug. I am new to this group too. I am a fireman/medic though so not as funny.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hello guys and girls! Awesome to see some people being active in this group. I'm Hunter, I'm a fireman/emt.
  • jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been on MFP for the past year or so on and off. I'm looking for some friends to keep me accountable and make sure I actually log and get involved instead of just lurking on the boards! I recently graduated the police academy late last year and am employed about 45 min SW of Chicago.

Jackie
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am Mike. I am a paramedic going back to school for emergency management.
  • Lantzbug
    Options
    Hi Mike, welcome.
  • kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim, a Prison Officer from Australia.
  • mojd80
    mojd80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I'm currently a 911 dispatcher, I also did 13 years in the Air Force as a firefighter. LOVE the Public Safety field and hated being out of it for the 5 years I worked between the 2 jobs! I have gained weight ever since I got married in 1983 BUT my waist ballooned in the 911 job! I at one time was up to over 300 lbs and lost 75 on the Fit for Life plan. That was basically all vegetarian to start and when I came off it I didn't follow the plan for afterwards and gained back about 40. SO-O-O I am now trying to count the calories and log some exercise and lose the weight "properly".

Looking forward to some great insight from you all!

Dave
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone My name is Tina and I am an EMT-B. Been in EMS for 15 years now. I have been battling my weight for 20 years now and finally I am getting somewhere on the weight loss. Wishing everyone a great day
  • ZL9685
    ZL9685 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dana, a student medic from New Zealand. Got my fitness test in 12weeks to become an ambulance volunteer, on top of the clinical hours as part of the degree, so am getting the fitness up and the weight down :)
  • lizm2805
    lizm2805 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Liz. Im a police dispatcher for a university in NJ. Ive been with this dept for just over a year, but have been dispatching almost 5 years now. My current schedule is friday-tuesday midnight to 8am and I work part time on my days off for another depatment.

As im sure many of you can relate being stuck in dispatch on crappy shifts has led me to some terrible eating habits. My goal is to lose 80 lbs. I have already lost 12 using this site.

Still learning all this site has to offer. Really motivating tho. Feel free to add me!
  • npiche3
    npiche3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nicole
    I'm a CBSA Superintendent (Canada Boarder Service Agency). I've allowed myself to get really out of shape. Got two big wake up call lately, fear of not being successful at mandatory training in Nov and dangerously high blood pressure. Meds are helping but it's all up to me to get healthy.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello, and WELCOME to all the new participants to this group in the last month. Pleased to met all of you. I would like to try to get some activity to this group. Gonna be changing my shift here in the next few weeks and will have increased amount of time to participate and possibly spark this group. I will also be working 12 hour graveyard shifts, so that may be a topic of discussion very soon. Hope to see all of you frequently. Lets have some fun and make the goals we set. Add me if you would like.

Darin