Checking In with All of You

Options
dreamtoned10
dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
Hi,

I joined this group recently and wanted to say hi and see how everybody is doing as the group doesnt seem to be that active! Today is day 8 without a binge, I had given up all sugar for 6 weeks which was amazing, but then christmas day came and I Relapsed big time in the couple of days afterwards. I had a binge for 2 days, then good for 3 days, then binge for 2 etc etc. This pattern lasted for 2 weeks. Other than that since the start of November Ive done better than I have in the past few years.
Today as I say is 8 days since the 2 week relapse.....and Im feeling good about it and feel Ive snapped out of the cycle (for now...hopefully for good)

How are you all doing?

Replies

• Lordservnt
    Options
    I've been doing pretty good lately. I've been doing a super low carb diet and yesterday I caved to temptation and ate a homemade biscuit (my fave!) Luckily it was a new recipe and was kind of dry so I only ate one lol. Proud I stopped with one. Then took my sons out for lunch and had pizza. stopped at 2 slices. Went to a friends house and chatted and resisted all junk in general :) OD'd on the carbs compared to a typical day, but still kept within my calorie range (at least within 300 calories +/-). All together not a bad day. And back to my low carb lifestyle this morning!
  • dreamtoned10
    Options
    Me too!! I find cutting out processed food and sugar really helps as sugar is a total trigger food for me!!! Well done on yesterday!! Thats great to be able to have it and stop....I am defiitely not at that stage so thats wonderful!
  • TAC2413
    TAC2413 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I've been struggling lately. Completely lost it yesterday at lunch and at dinner. My triggers seem to be eating anywhere but at home and eating alone. Before yesterday I had almost gone a month without a binge, though I had had the urge for almost a week. I don't understand it because everyone else it seems to happen to it's sudden, and unexpected. Mine seems to build until I can't control it anymore. I wasn't at all hungry at dinner, but I ate half a pizza and bread sticks anyway.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do when I feel it starting?
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Also struggling.

I had a friend write in black sharpie on my hand last friday "DON'T GIVE UP." Friday was ok. Since then, not so much. Last week I tried actually speaking my inner conversations out loud - you know the ones with the angel and devil (figuratively speaking) and a couple in between? Yeah, that ended up in a out-loud shouting match. Frustrating and hilarious. Shame I didn't get it on camera.

But I come here every day, and I applaud what my friends are doing, and I hold onto that. It's when I'm alone and home and tired that things get ugly.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have been doing WAY better since I got serious about MFP (Dec 11) but I still have at least one a week. I had a bad one yesterday because my mom made a comment about my size/ weight loss goals and it just sent me over the edge. :( Today is a new, and BETTER day :)
  • TAC2413
    TAC2413 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been doing WAY better since I got serious about MFP (Dec 11) but I still have at least one a week. I had a bad one yesterday because my mom made a comment about my size/ weight loss goals and it just sent me over the edge. :( Today is a new, and BETTER day :)

That is a great attitude to have. I need to remember to forgive myself and not punish myself after my binges. I'm really bad about that...

Your mom sounds just like my dad. I wish that I had some helpful advice, but all I can tell you is that they're far from perfect too, and to try not to let it bother you too much.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I read this quote by Jillian Michaels that has really helped me turn my attitude around about it -because I used to be the same way. "Don't beat yourself up if you slip. Think of it this way: If you got a flat tire what would you do? Change the tire? Or get out and slash the other three tires?" After I read that, I thought, that's me. I get out and slash the other tires. What a dumb thing to do! lol!
  • dreamtoned10
    Options
    lol i Love reading all your replies, Im struggling at the moment. Ive been fighting the "urge" for 3 1/2 days now!! Today I very very almost gave in, and opted for a bowl of chickpeas. lol

I just cant seem to stop obsessing about food and I keep looking at the clock to see is it time for my meal yet. Its actually the most annoying thing ever.
    I start my first OA meeting tomorrow. I actually cant wait. It couldnt have come at a better time.

Hope youre all well, and fighting this as well
    xx
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks dreamtoned10 for getting a few of us to check back in!
    Reading these comments reminds me that I am not alone.

Love the quote you found, apesid! "Think of it this way: If you got a flat tire what would you do? Change the tire? Or get out and slash the other three tires?"

I am a tire slasher!! I have been slashing tires for a little over a month (I have ten more binge pounds on this body to prove it). I keep forgetting that yall are out there; that I am not alone in this struggle.

I guess I have to learn how to change the tire. I have decided that the month of February will be dedicated to re-learning my triggers and the tools I once used to stop the binge before and after its wrath.

I will post on here more often to help me do this.
    Good luck everyone.
  • 1leahsb
    1leahsb Posts: 12
    Options
    I like that Jillian Michaels quote as well! Hi I am new to the site and this group is exactly what I've been looking for. It feels so nice to be able to see people I can relate to and that have the same issues as me. It is very lonely being a binge-eater. Not wanting to confide in friends and remind them of their own weight issues, or tell new friends and let them know that I have this issue that's a part of me and causes so much inner turmoil. Not wanting to go out for fear of bingeing or ruining a diet or because you feel fat and don't want to be surrounded by skinny girls. Declining invitations to lunch or dinner because you've been eating all day. This was a good month for me, only 3 binges but my last two were especially enormous. I have hit the same number on the scale 6 times in the last 4 months, a number that puts my goal weight only 10 pounds away, and as soon as I hit that number I end up bingeing my way back to where I started. "Starting over" becomes so emotionally exhausting. Its like I sabotage myself, like I'm scared of finally being happy. Maybe because this is all I know, I only know how to gain weight and lose weight. There's never been anything else for me. I'm tired of wasting my time and want to stop the binges forever. I don't want to pass these issues onto my future kids. I entered and left the kitchen three times before I gave in to the last binge. At least I fought. Now I want to fight and win.
  • 1leahsb
    1leahsb Posts: 12
    Options
    BUT anyway! You guys are all so positive, and I am too and what I meant to say is I'm looking for a binge-buddy! Someone I can support and encourage and can vent to me when accidents happen and can do the same for me. Friend me if you are interested and we can share our hopes and dreams for a healthy future! I'm 23, a full time nurse, looking to lose 15-20 lbs, I work out a lot and I eat super healthy and enjoy discovering new, nutritious recipes!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop eating cookies last night. I went wild. I didn't log them all. :-(
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with bingeing for the past few days too...and on and off since mid-December. I was doing well trying to get the 4 pounds of holiday weight off and after the last few days it came right back plus one or two more pounds. Ugh.

I'm really glad to see some active posts! I would like to be a part of this support group!

I like the Jillian Michaels analogy too...even though I'm not a huge fan of hers. LOL. :smile: