List of Loves

Options
glowbuggy
glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
I was reading on bliss.com, that making a list of things that you love and things that make you feel good can help you in your weight loss goals. By paying attention to things that you love make you feel good and reminds you that life is/can be fun.

Here is the link if you are interested in viewing the blog: http://fitness.bliss.com/iframe/aligntheself/gain-clarity-inspiration-purpose-a-list-of-loves/

I was thinking that I would share this with all of you and see who might be interested in shareing a few of their loves with the rest of us. It could help us all think about why we are losing weight and to keep going.

Here are a few of mine:
my husband and my daughters. my pets. reading. i have a baking company, chals cakery, and i LOVE to bake. when I am down i like to just go and start baking something. smelling the sweets also helps me to NOT want them. i love the snow, the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the shore, a clean house, and the stars on a crisp clear night.

These a some of the loves that I have on my list. So far I have 22. When I want to give up I find just looking and thinking about a few of those really helps me keep going.

I hope this idea helps the rest of you.

Replies

• scoobydoojoe
    scoobydoojoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea.

I love my wife and my kids, and that is far and away top of the list. I love camping, swimming, reading, roller coasters, fishing, and eating. That last one is the one I have to fight, but since I like roller coasters more than eating, this listing things out help me since I need to lose weight to ride roller coasters again. :)
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh I love roller coasters too!!! I want to be able to goto Cedar Point and ride them all when I get the weight off. Right now they say I am too "fat" to ride them. I cant wait to be able to ride them again!!!
  • Remy11
    Remy11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing this.:smile: