To Bake or Not to Bake that is the question?

Options
Looking for suggestions....I enjoy baking for my family and friends. It's also been a good relaxing pass time for me with something nice to enjoy at the end of it :smile: Since before Christmas i have not baked for my family. I am reluctant to bake as the temptation to resist eating these delightful goodies could prove to much for me. However, i feel i'm missing the act of baking and sharing happy moments of biting into freshly baked food with a nice cup of tea with family and friends ! Anyone else have the same dilemma ? Looking for alternative suggestions / recipes for healthier baking please.

Replies

• eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    Oh, no!! Baking is such a wonderful way to show someone you care (says the one who can't bake to save her life but sooooo very much appreciates her friends that do!) and to express your own creativity. Consider this your personal call to the challenge of finding new and delicious HEALTHY recipes...they're out there, but great bakers are so very hard to find!! You can also bake the same wonderful traditional goodies, but try wrapping them in individual smaller portion sizes to keep a better handle on intake. Keep us posted when you find recipes (especially those that the baking-challenged might be able to manage!) that work!
  • Bonnylassie
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words eoney. The baking will commence, smaller and healthier :heart: I will gladly post any recipes that i have found to be tasty / easy .
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree, I LOVE to bake but just like you I have not done it since Christmas. I am in search of some new healthier things to bake for myself and my family. If you find anything or a web site please share and I will do the same! Friend me if you wish!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Just baked some Maple Oat Scones.... Feel free to check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/389240-what-s-cookin
  • Bonnylassie
    Options
    Will do, thanks :)
  • chellk71
    Options
    i still bake. Though I am changing recipes all the time...applesauce and flax seed in place of others and have cut back on sugar I add too. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Then I tell myself just one cookie or small slice and thats it. Luckily with two teenagers and the husband it usually doesn't last long.
  • Jessi40
    Jessi40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree, bake away!!

I've halved recipes so there wasn't as much and my kids are 7 and 4 and I have them help and watch me... I give them a quarter if they catch me sneaking some batter, etc... those tastes add up!

We've also made stuff and then give it to our neighbors...