Hi, introducing myself

Options
Hi, my name is Vicky. I am 52 years old. I have so much weight to lose. I feel overwhelmed. I wasn't always big. It's only been since 2001 when I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, and had to quit working due to flare ups, blood clots, etc. I currently take chemo drugs and anti rejection drugs. I moved to California to live with my cousin after I had to quit working. Since my life has become sedentary, I eat more, and lots of times I eat out of boredom. About the only exercise I can do is walking, and I even do that slowly. I love my Lord though, and I love church. I want to join the praise and worship team at church, but first I need to lose some weight so that I can stand without my knees giving out. Losing weight will help me reach that goal! I currently had to switch Sunday school (Bible study) classes, because my class was on the second floor and I am not able to do the stairs at this time. I miss my class. Another goal is to be able to walk up those stairs and go back to my class!

I am so glad I found Myfitnesspal and this group!

Blessings~
Vicky

Replies

• eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    I immediatley thought of Matthew 11:28 when I read your post...this must be an extemely difficult season in your life. I imagine having to take everything slowly and patiently is an enormous challenge and probably feeds into that overwhelming feeling. Take heart though...you burn the same amount of calories walking a mile as you do running it (it just takes longer to do one over the other), so you ARE making progress even when you feel like you're not. Just keep on keeping on...you may not be where you want to be yet, but you're not where you used to be!! Just like anything else, this new life style will take time for you and your body to get used and eventually make into a habit. With God, though, ALL things are possible! So glad you found MFP, and I look forward to hearing all about your victories in this journey!
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    hi Vicky,

First of all welcome to this site, it is a great place for encouragement and inspiration. You are on the right track, walking is a GREAT exercise. Drinking lots of water helps, as does keeping plenty of good healthy snacks and food available. My prayers and thoughts are with you on this journey! God Bless you,

Rhonda