Still in the same clothes

Options
Nicoleo1
Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
:mad: It's so depressing... I've lost 40 lbs and in my mind I thought that since I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal I'd feel great (Which I do) but I'd at least need new clothes... I mean, for sure my jeans are baggy, but they're not falling off... I sometimes have "wardrobe malfunctions" with V-neck T-shirts (the neck slides over to the side... if i'm sitting / slouching) but really I can still wear my old clothes. It's such a drag... What if I get the last 1/3 off and I'm not actually any smaller? Has this been the case for anyone else?

Replies

• nhjhawk
    nhjhawk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have hte same problem when I lose weight, but I am 6'3" so there is weight covering a large area :). Have you gone out and tried on clothes in different sizes? Just because yours aren't falling off doesn't mean that they really fit you. Maybe you should go out and see if a smaller size fits better than what you own.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have hte same problem when I lose weight, but I am 6'3" so there is weight covering a large area :). Have you gone out and tried on clothes in different sizes? Just because yours aren't falling off doesn't mean that they really fit you. Maybe you should go out and see if a smaller size fits better than what you own.

I agree. I didn't think I needed new clothes until I went and tried on a smaller size. I have actually had people tell me that I needed smaller clothes because mine were too big. I know I have gotten comfortable with my size and clothes that even though I've dropped two sizes, I still think I'm a much larger person.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My clothes never fell off of me but I bought some here & there. (I initially lost 40 pounds) Honestly, I am scared now to buy clothes because it proves that my upper half is so much bigger than my bottom half. Either way, if you are working hard on your body image then you deserve something new now & then!
  • Nicoleo1
    Options
    Thanks! I'll do that... Saturday's the day! Lets hope that smaller clothes fit and well enough to buy some!
  • nhjhawk
    nhjhawk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll do that... Saturday's the day! Lets hope that smaller clothes fit and well enough to buy some!

Good luck and have fun!!
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. My pants are baggy, my bras are loose, my shoes are loose, but my clothes general fit.
    The sad part is they probably fit better and I must of really looked bad in some of them.

Keep measurements, so you can see proof of inches lost. Its a real eye opener!!

I am down to one pair of jeans that will "fit" for the entire day, when those fall off, I'm going to go shopping and pray I am happy about the sizes I buy!!

Good Luck!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have sizes from 22 (current) to 16 hanging in various closets in my house. I figure I'm good for at least the next 50-60 lbs. After that I may have to go shopping for a size I haven't worn since college.
  • carrie1610
    carrie1610 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that a lot of my clothes fit better now and some are looser but are still ok to wear. I do have to wear a belt with my trousers now though or they slip down a bit!

However, yesterday I went shopping and picked up a pair of jeans in a smaller size. I thought they looked small but tried them on anyway and they fit! :happy: They look so much better than my old jeans which had really got too baggy. I wouldn't have realised this unless I'd tried the smaller size on. So I agree that it's a good idea to try on clothes in the next size (or two) down to see what fits best.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I see so many success stories and all I can say is:
    The ones where people stand up holding the old pants they used to wear and dropping them are my favorites. When they say that you can fit two of themselves in old clothes I cry every time. I am soooo big right now, and I'm sure that one day I will drop my drawers and show how two of me can fit in my old ones. My goal is to lose 10% by New Years (30 lbs). I have 6 lbs to go. Then, my ultimate goal is to get to my ideal weight of 128 (thats the high side of 41, female, 336 lbs). My BMI has dropped from a 68 to 59.9. I'm doing so well, that I have decided to have surgery. WW will get me there in time. In short, I want to drop my drawers!!!!!!!
  • Nicoleo1
    Options
    melanieclark2 -the decision to have surgery is momentus and courageous! good luck girl!
    I wrote that post over a month ago and since then haven't lost any weight, in fact I'm cheating by not entering here that I've actually gained at least 5lbs... The good news is though that I got new yoga pants for Christmas that are a size medium... I got a Lululemon Hoody and I can do up the zipper... I still wear the same jeans though... no old jeas / new jeans comparisons --yet!
  • tcox74559
    tcox74559 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha! Just because you can still wear your old clothes and they don't fall, dont assume they look good. I was wearing a pair of brown dress pants one day leaving the house on my way to work. My daughter was walking behind me. She said, "Mom it looks like your butt had a blow-out." Needless to say, I went clothes shopping the next weekend. Had to go down TWO sizes.
  • Nicoleo1
    Options
    That's awesome! My kids bug me about my saggy butt jeans but what's a gril to do?
    I did go shopping and bought jeans on December 31st. They are 2 sizes smaller than my old ones. BUT, it's hard to figure out how it's possible, but when put on top of the old jeans and when I lined up the legs at the top of the inseam, they were exactly the same width. (Bummer) Oh well... but the new jeans are starting to losen up now... this is good.:drinker:
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    We don't get to pick where the weight comes off our body.....unfortunately. I wish it worked that way. Someone else suggested measurements; it could help you to see where your weight is coming off at. Just remember, if you aren't seeing the results you want in a specific area, be patient. (which is much harder to do than to type :happy: )
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's totally like that for me, I can wear the same clothes through a big range of weights...for me, I figure it's because my hips are wide, and they decide my pants side, and they are just the LAST places I lose from.

Think of it this way...you look a lot better in the clothes you own, and you're saving money by not having to get a bunch of new wardrobes :)
  • finebatty
    Options
    Hello my fellow 40 and Fabulosos,

Here's a question for the women. What do you do to continue losing weight while experiencing the symptoms of menopause and the emotional eating that occurs during it? I still feel the same after really trying to change eating habits.=( Any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated.:sad: