How is everybody doing?

Options
Hello all my fellow shorties :)

Just wondering how everybody is and what you've been up to? Are you having a good week, how are your Christmas plans going, have you been kicking *kitten* with your workouts, have you been kicking *kitten* in life....etc etc!

I am getting excited to have nearly two weeks off for Christmas, been a bit slack with my exercise this week cos I feel a bit crappy, but having a nice week socially :)

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Not much going on here. Just work and home/kids/hubby/pets. That's about it. LOL My week is going well, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet and that is freaking me out because most years I already have all of my shopping done by now! Yikes!
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hiya! I'm still here. Did day 1 of insanity workout today but am full of a head cold so I'm streaming from my eyes and nose which is pretty unpleasant. i've been seriously pleased with my results this week alone - this morning I saw a low weight I haven't seen in the last 3months that I have been watching my food/exercise for a different challenge so that is a big clue to me that this plce is worth the time suck!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Not such a great week here so far. I hurt my ankle/leg so I am a bit limited as to what I can do. I've been staying up late writing papers so that's not so great for my eating. It's not that bad but it's not that fabulous either. Onward! :)
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Not such a great week here so far. I hurt my ankle/leg so I am a bit limited as to what I can do.

Oh no - I was in this situation last month, I sprained my hip joint and it was very....VERY unmotivating. Made it really hard to give in to resting yet not get that 'stuff it I'm over it' mentality.

Chin up :)
  • Play_outside
    Options
    Thanks :) Luckily I can still kayak so I went for a paddle a couple times this week. But I'm super bummed that I've been off running for almost a week now and no biking, hiking, surfing, booh. HAHA Poor me. Took tonight to feel sorry for myself, tomorrow I will get some exercise.

Spraining your hip joint must have been tough! Hard to do much without fully functioning hips! Glad you're better!
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone posted in a shorties thread about this group!

I went out to eat two nights in a row and really went over my calories BUT it was nothing compared to what I could have done had I not been watching. So it's a small success in a weird way.

Having a hard time getting my water in at work these past few days, even though I've been at my desk more than usual. Ugh.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your ankle but WOW for being able to go kayaking. I would love to just be able to kayak for my exercise! Where do you live? I have a friend in Alaska and her lifestyle makes me SO jealous - all winter long she posts about how she ran out for a quick X country ski for her exercise, or went snow shoeing... I love it! The variety of exercise with stuff like this must be so great for your body!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Not such a great week here so far. I hurt my ankle/leg so I am a bit limited as to what I can do. I've been staying up late writing papers so that's not so great for my eating. It's not that bad but it's not that fabulous either. Onward! :)

Hope your ankle gets better soon!

As for me, it's been an okay week until yesterday and came down with a cold!...argh! So taking a few days off from working out since I feel like blah!...
  • Play_outside
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes! The pain is diminishing each day which is great. I am totally addicted to my outdoors lifestyle and get pretty bummed out when I get limited haha. I shouldn't complain though!! :)

I live in BC so definitely get to live the good life! Love it out here. SpitfireStacey-Alaska would be such a fabulous place to live too, your lucky friend! :) Where do you live? Moving west was certainly the best thing I ever did for myself.

bluegirl, I hope you are over your cold soon!!! Lovely dogs you have!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new and enjoying exploring MFP and this little group. Glad I found it! I also have hurt my foot, so I'm resting it (which is going to make calorie burning harder! any ideas?) and I blew it with the calories last night. Work has been rough, but I'm off tomorrow. So, hurray for a three day weekend!
  • shanalivee
    Options
    started the 30 day shred yesterday and i am super sore lol oh man! but i have been trying to stay under 1200 calories! and have been doing well except for 2 days but i am eager to see a change in my body!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    Phew! It has been a rough month so far, but I'm staying on plan and losing one pound a week. I have been sick with the flu, my husband had knee replacement surgery last Friday (the 13th!!), we can't get up our hill in the car to our house (too much ice under too much snow, and the 4X4 died) so DH is staying with his mom (I'm not sure who to pity more) and I can't wait to get back to normal.

OK, enough ranting. I need to get out and exercise as soon as I feel a bit better, and then I'll stop moaning and groaning -- promise! It's all going to get better. I'm just glad I'm not reacting to all this by eating my head off.

thanks for being there --
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Doing great so far!

SW on 1/9/12: 167.5
    1st weigh-in 1/16/12: 165
    2nd weigh-in 1/23/12: 160

Just glad to see progress. I'm only two weeks into my weight loss journey and feel like its getting easier since I have established a routine. I hope to win my local BL contest. There's almost $900 up for grabs!:smile: