How much water is too much?

Options
I've often heard that it is possible to drink too much water. Is this true, and if so how much is too much? I typically drink between 8 and 15 glasses a day.

Replies

• meganruffaner1
    Options
    Honestly I have no idea Tony. I think you would be good at saying 8-15 is a GREAT amount. I know you are to try and drink 8, however, I don't think 15 is "TOO MUCH". I need to try and drink more water. I am VERY poor at it. In general I'm just a bad drinker. I drink too little in a day.
  • ajarduini
    Options
    I use-to be guilty of that also until about two weeks ago. I went to walmart and bought a 64 Oz (2 Qt) water jug and I know that I have to drink at least the one whole bottle to meet my 8 glasses. I try for 1/2 before lunch and 1/2 after. I then typically have a few more glasses for dinner and then maybe a couple more before bedtime.

If you have issues with getting 8 glasses down, maybe you should try the MiO water enhancer. I have been using these and they are awesome!!!
  • meganruffaner1
    Options
    Thanks Tony! I am going to look into that MiO. I saw them at Sams and didn't have time to "read the label". I'm going to look them up tonight. I need to so something like that. :D
  • ajarduini
    Options
    Let me know what you find out. According to the label on them there isn't any calories, sodium or anything like that. Also contains no real fruit juice.
  • meganruffaner1
    Options
    I got some to try today. However, I am leary of "sugar-free" items. My hubby gets HORRIBLE headaches and can't use anything sugar free like that. This of course MiO has no aspertame, which is good. So....I will try it. Beware of aspertame. It is HORRIBLE for you. Just FYI
  • ajarduini
    Options
    Hmm... Interesting. What is aspertame? I think i've heard of it before, but I don't know. What kind of stuff is it in?
  • callady10
    Options
    Aspertame is an artificial sweetener that is all chemically made. Bad stuff....my niece also gets very bad headaches from it....she can't chew any sugar free gum or drink sugar free juices.
  • meganruffaner1
    Options
    Tony.... I did some research on that MiO....NOT GOOD! I looked up that asp. potassium that is on the label. Not good at all. Known to cause everything from headaches, liver problems to cancer. I'm not taking any chances.