Diva devotees?

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
Just wondering if there's anyone else in this group who uses the Diva Cup or other reusable menstrual products. I switched to the Diva Cup when my period came back after having my son (14 months period free, it was AWESOME) and I haven't looked back. I also use cloth pads for when I'm not using the cup.

Anybody?

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    I was a huge Diva fan until the last couple of times I used it... it prolapsed my cervix. It went back to normal after a couple days, but I'm really hesitant to use it again until I've talked to my doctor.

I've switched to instead cups. Not as good, and disposable, but still better than the alternatives.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I was a huge Diva fan until the last couple of times I used it... it prolapsed my cervix. It went back to normal after a couple days, but I'm really hesitant to use it again until I've talked to my doctor.

I've switched to instead cups. Not as good, and disposable, but still better than the alternatives.

Hmm, I'd be interested to hear what your doctor has to say. That doesn't sound fun. How did you know that had happened?
  • auctoritas
    Options

Hmm, I'd be interested to hear what your doctor has to say. That doesn't sound fun. How did you know that had happened?

It's kinda hard to miss your puffy-feeling cervix hanging almost as low as the opening of your vagina when you're removing a cup =/

I don't think it's a normal occurrence - I haven't seen evidence of anyone else having it happen to them. I still recommend the diva cup to everyone and am really sad I can't use it.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! :( I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options

It's kinda hard to miss your puffy-feeling cervix hanging almost as low as the opening of your vagina when you're removing a cup =/

I don't think it's a normal occurrence - I haven't seen evidence of anyone else having it happen to them. I still recommend the diva cup to everyone and am really sad I can't use it.

Oh my! I'm so sorry that happened to you as well!

Thankfully I've never had that happen to me & I've been using the Diva Cup for around 5 years now. Love it & tell everyone about it!