Half Way Thru Level 1

Options
LoveActually
LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
5 Days down, 5 More to go in Level 1!

Today, for me, was great! Did it all out the whole way through with the exception of some of my own modifications for my shoulder.

Congratulation to all of those who have stuck with it thus far. For those who have missed a day, or two, or three, it's NEVER too late to start. Please join in and we'll stick with you until the end.

Replies

• bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Keep pushing everyone!

I feel really beat this morning, I barely slept. So I plan to do day 5 later on today after a nap lol :)
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Whey! It's important to celebrate mini-milestones :-) I just did Day 6. Took a break yesterday because I had appointments from morning to late evening, so today was kinda heavy actually. Oh well, that just makes me more motivated to avoid taking breaks moving forward!
  • michellelay
    Options
    Complete day 5 today and I decided to move on to level two. It was difficult at times, but I got through it. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • fightin2bFit
    fightin2bFit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just completed day four. I'm still a tad sore (arms) but things are getting a bit easier. I made it most of the way through without taking any breaks (those damn push-ups still kick my *kitten* a little bit lol). Tomorrow I'll be weighing in for the first time since starting MFP so I'm hoping I have something to show for working out for the past week :)
  • Meddy450
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just found this group and I am super excited to find people who started the shred around the same time I did. I just convinced myself for the first time to get up BEFORE work today and work out instead of doing it after work in the evenings. I am on Day 5 of level 1. The workout is getting easier (I was super exhausted on day 1), but I still have a hard time catching my breath! I havent seen much weight loss or noticeable body changes, but I remain hopeful. It does seem to help my energy level. (Though it's a little rough on my weak knees. I really have to watch my form). Anyway, good luck to everyone! Keep it up!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think tomorrow i have to push myself harder... Im not sore again!
  • shonda_gonzalez
    shonda_gonzalez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 5 last night. Worked all day, then had a training till 8:30 and didn't get home till after 9. I made myself go straight to my room, change and turn on the DVD. Otherwise, I would have just went straight to be. It's sill hard for me. I can't do the butt kicks at all. I do jump rope instead on that section. My knees just can't take it. Push-ups are getting a little easier. Crunches are still so painfull to me. I just keep telling myself that I am worth all this hard work!

Great job ladies on sticking with it. I am so lucky to have found this group.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I felt like I really "phoned it in" this morning. I partially blame my lack of a sport bra, but I will remedy that tomorrow. I really didn't feel like doing it but I new I had to do it early in the day.
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!!!! I typically do the workouts later on, so I haven't completed Day 5 yet, but Day 4 kicked my butt!!!!!!!! Literally. Haha. I got my legs up to my butt on some of the butt kicks! I'm not seeing almost any body changes, but I have gone down a pound, which I'll take!
  • GypsyOverstreet
    Options
    Day 4 down plus some Zumba and a few min on the elliptical, gonna get these knees strong again, everyone keep pushing through I know you will all do great...
  • loraloha74
    Options
    OMG I made it to day 5! So many obstacles today. My electricity went out so I had to do the workout from my cell phone. I'm so happy that it's done. Feeling the burn!
  • suzmoreton
    Options
    I am using three pound weights as I was first starting out exercise for the first time in a while but, I think I need to step it up...what size are you guys using? How long are you staying on level one? I have shin splints now....tried to modify a few of the running in place and jump rope last night with just jumping jacks but, that hurt like heck too. grrrr got through it and laid on the couch with ice packs on my shins but, I didnt feel like I burned and had a good workout (probably because I didnt)
    I am on level one day 4 tonight
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am using 3lb weights also and I have no intentions of increasing that weight. If you think it's not enough, maybe purchase some 5lb weights (I don't think they make 4lb hand weights, or at least I've never seen them). I am going to stick with 10, 10, and 10 so I will remain on level one for 10 days. I want to be a level one master before I upgrade and I think in the next 5 days, I'll get there.

Suz for your shin splints, instead of any jumping just try to stand in place and do leg lifts. Sort of like marching. Or you can work your thighs during that time and grab a chair and just sit and stand and sit and stand over and over again until it's time for something else. Just some ideas.
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me. I played volleyball Tuesday night and went to a class last night that was much the same as 30DS. Got thru today pretty good except for the pushups. Still can't get through them but it will come.

Good work everyone!
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm really tired today. My little nap went on for longer than I planned. I got up, went to Target for some things I needed and changed as soon as I got in. Day 5 complete. I was cursing at Jillian this time lol, but it feels so good when she says we're on circuit 3 bc I know it'll be over soon. Since I'm off tonite I'm going to try to do my 3 mile walk dvd as well.

I'm using 3 lbs weights. That's all I can handle right now. I also plan to spend 10 days on each level for maximum results.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I felt like I really "phoned it in" this morning. I partially blame my lack of a sport bra, but I will remedy that tomorrow. I really didn't feel like doing it but I new I had to do it early in the day.

LOL you phoned it in? I find that HILARIOUS!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    30 minutes and I will be popping the dvd in. Its funny, when I'm doing the video, sometimes the hardest part for me is just getting up off the floor to move into the next exercise, like when we are on the floor doing push ups and and when we are doing chest fly's. Man it burns!
  • googly1982
    Options
    yes! halfway through! so much less sore today and feeling stronger!
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OMG I made it to day 5! So many obstacles today. My electricity went out so I had to do the workout from my cell phone. I'm so happy that it's done. Feeling the burn!

You are my hero. I now have no excuses to not complete a day.

I have a big project that is due tomorrow, but I made myself stop working and do day 5 and I am so glad I did. I really feel myself getting stronger each day, with the exception of cycle 3 strength. Ugh! Those side lunges and shoulder raises are the bane of my existence! (dramatic enough? lol!) Great job everyone!
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am using three pound weights as I was first starting out exercise for the first time in a while but, I think I need to step it up...what size are you guys using? How long are you staying on level one? I have shin splints now....tried to modify a few of the running in place and jump rope last night with just jumping jacks but, that hurt like heck too. grrrr got through it and laid on the couch with ice packs on my shins but, I didnt feel like I burned and had a good workout (probably because I didnt)
    I am on level one day 4 tonight

I actually will adjust the weights according to the exercise. For the static lunges/bicep curl and chest flies I use 8 lb weights, but can only use 3 lbs for the rest. My shoulders are really weak lol. I am planning on doing 10 days for each level, but have debated staying on level 1 until I can do a real pushup...that might be forever tho and I tend to get bored with the levels pretty quickly. I think I will do 10 days on each level for the 30 days and then do consecutive days of each level after that.