Starting insanity Jan 22 - any one else want to join in?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I will be starting insanity Jan 22... just wondered if any of you were thinking of starting soon?

Replies

• MJ7910
    Options
    how are you doing both of them at the same time? do you have a specific plan or just modifying the two? how long does it take? i was thinking about p90x after i complete insanity but want to see if i can do insanity first.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    You basically alternate programs on alternating days-- there are lots of schedules out there-- But I use P90x mon (chest and back for weeks 1-3 and Ab ripper X) and wed (shoulders and arms weeks 1-3, ab ripper x)), and insanity T, TH, every other F, and Sat. A lot of people also use p90x Friday- legs- but I feel I get enough legs with insanity and thus only do legs every other F. People with different goals use different combinations- but all try and avoid over training any particular muscle group-- which is a little difficult with insanity because they do a little training of everything in most workouts. While I want the strength training for upper body, I still have body fat to lose and like the extra cardio insanity provides-- while the P90x cardio is okay, it is not Insanity.

Hope this helps-- there are a lot of spreadsheet/schedules on the net and on the BB website

it does help. sounds very interesting too. i think i'm going to try straight insanity this time but i coudl see doing something like this in the future. thanks for the scheduling information.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Looks like i can't start now. :( knee injuries have flared up again and i don't want to make them worse. wonder if there are any insanity dvd's that aren't as hard on the knees so i can just try it out before i really get into it... wonder if there are modifications i could make to the program.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Knees are a tough injury to work around in insanity- it is all pretty much high impact- most is jumping or squating with knees bearing full body weight-even most of the upper body/core work in plank uses knees, albeit not weight bearing. Honestly, I would wait for your knees to feel better- I think even trying to modify will aggravate your knees, particularly if your surface is not amply padded ( mat or rug with cushion). It may also frustrate you. I have worked around a rib injury- but aside from painful breathing and some plank work- your ribs don't support your body weight time and time again like knees do. Hope you feel better soon!

maybe i will wait... thanks for the information.
  • shaekae81
    Options
    I realize the original poster is out for the Monday startup.....anyone else still want to give it a go?
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    I was going to start on sunday tooo!!! Ill do it with ya!! This is my 1st time around :)
  • shaekae81
    Options
    AWESOME! --- It's nice having accountability! Feel free to kick away! LOL
  • shaekae81
    Options
    DAY 1 - Fit Test.....I wanted to puke....but didn't....go me! LOL I really hate to work out after I've eaten...but we (my husband is doing the program with me) did the workout later in the day....around 4pm. I probably would have passed out if I didn't eat beforehand....lol
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    DAY 1 - Fit Test.....I wanted to puke....but didn't....go me! LOL I really hate to work out after I've eaten...but we (my husband is doing the program with me) did the workout later in the day....around 4pm. I probably would have passed out if I didn't eat beforehand....lol

I didnt read this til after i did my fit test.. I ate a banana about 30 mins before and dinner about 45 mins after.. But boy did I want to puke after that workout.. Ughhh I get nauses thinking about it haha.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY at the moment and I did day 11 of INSANITY today. I am loving it and always look forward to the workout. Looking forward to day 12 tomorrow. :) How is everyone doing with INSANITY?
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY at the moment and I did day 11 of INSANITY today. I am loving it and always look forward to the workout. Looking forward to day 12 tomorrow. :) How is everyone doing with INSANITY?

Ohh I feel like im dying haha. Im only on day 6... Soo happpy day 7 is a rest day lol. My body HURTS but I feel better. If that makes sense.. Funny what a balanced diet and exercise can do for you :)
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 last night and I did vomit, also was extremely dizzy, but I'm still going to keep doing it. I'm ready for tonight!