New to Group

Options
BShanese
BShanese Posts: 7 Member
Hi Ladies!

My name is Brandi :)

I am new to MFP and I would love to continue the journey to my goal weight with other driven, supportive women who are also working hard to achieve their goals!

In 2011 I lost 45 lb and toward the end of the year I was preparing for graduation from my master's program, a full time mommy, full time student, working and maintaining an internship along with other responsibilities...needless to say, I gained some of that weight back, about 10 lb, which brings me to my goal now of 33 lb to lose. I'm ready. ;0)

Please let me know of any cool resources and/or aspects of the site that you recommend checking out...I am still exploring! Also, Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:

Replies

• fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi, welcome! I am also new to MFP and looking forward to sharing and gaining information. I will send you a friend request :smile:
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • BShanese
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome ladies! Cheers to support and us reaching our goals!
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • BShanese
    Options
    Thank you @itsmskimmiche! I sure will.
  • got_BluEgo
    got_BluEgo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP (i added ya) !
  • BShanese
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • crazycaramel07
    Options
    I just joined the group as well! Have always had a problem with motivation, excited about joining the team of brown sistahs doing better!
  • Gottaluvme777
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm Shelly and I'm new to the group and the MFP website. I am in the end of my 30s and want (really badly) to step into my 40s with a lighter & healthier body, mind & spirit! The 30s was very stressful with many life changes and moves....I'd very much like to step into 40 with a relaxed brain, a healthier & prettier body and a level of comfort in my skin that I haven't had since my late 20s.

I am the biggest I've ever been and I hate it (approaching 200lbs). I want very much to lose about 20-25lbs (being realistic in my own brain), although 30-35lbs would be so much better! Been battling some gastro & allergy/sinus issues for the past few years along with having another child in 2010 (you can go ahead and call me crazy) - which is why I believe I haven't been able to focus on me long enough to get this weight off.

Now, I'm here and I want this weight OFF and I'm determined to make it happen this time! Bringing in the BIG 4-0 in August, and I want to rock a bikini (something I haven't done since my late 20s)! And trying not to punk out and get liposuction (yes, I have been considering it)!

FIT & FABULOUS IS MY GOAL!!!
  • Anu_mee13
    Options
    Hello All!!! My name is Terra! I joined MFP almost a month ago. It's the first time that I've been somewhat consistent of keeping a daily journal. So far, I love the site! Please feel free to add me on here!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Viva. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. My weight has gone up and down so many times that I don't care to count them. Now, I'm truly committed to being a healthier me for my family. I started MFP in January, and I have faithfully logged my meals and exercises. I have lost 6 pounds so far with about 14 more to go. I am willing to be supportive and motivating to anyone who needs my words of encouragement, and I could use some motivation and encouragement as well. I think this group is just what I need to stay focused and on track! Feel free to add me to your friends' list.
  • Maikeya
    Maikeya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm new to the group but have been on MFP for a few months. I have 25-30 lbs to lose, it doesnt seem like alot but it's not easy and i'd like some buddies to help keep me motivated please add me and we can help each other.
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Welcome...and feel free to add me.
  • TiffyBunzz
    Options
    I'm new and just trying to find my way around. I really need some support so I'm gonna try and make friends with consistent like minded people.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm new and just trying to find my way around. I really need some support so I'm gonna try and make friends with consistent like minded people.

Let's support each other...feel free to add me :)!!
  • Pashen4fit
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I love to join in the fun, it help keep me motivated towards my fitness goal feel free to add me :-)
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies my name is Tonika..I've been a member of MFP for awhile but havent given it my full 100% in the past and a month ago I came back and more dedicated than ever..please add me, I would love to have more motivating and encouraging friends, especially when I'm having my sweet craving which is my weakness
  • plusdivanva
    plusdivanva Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this group. New to MFP and loving it. I only have one friend right now :( but definitely looking forward to the motivation and encouragement that I'm sure will come.
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I just joined MFP a few days ago, and I LOVE IT! I do need motivation and friends to keep me going. I will be turning 30 in the fall, and I REFUSE hit this milestone unfit and unfabulous! I am a great motivator, but I can't seem to motivate myself, so add me, and we can motivate one another!
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I just joined MFP a few days ago, and I LOVE IT! I do need motivation and friends to keep me going. I will be turning 30 in the fall, and I REFUSE hit this milestone unfit and unfabulous! I am a great motivator, but I can't seem to motivate myself, so add me, and we can motivate one another!

Request sent:)