Work out plans

Options
Maybe we are too busy bargain hunting : )

I just wanted us to put out there what we are doing work out wise. I think it may help give us ideas.

I kickbox 3 times a week at the gym. I love it. I then do about 10 minutes of strength training because not much time for more those days.

I plan to add in strength training. I am debating whether I should do kettlebell workouts or try the DVDs I have at home again. I have adjustable weights so I could do it but wondering if something new like kettlebells would give me a nice challenge. I also have Turbo Fire and can do that at home for extra 1-2 days of super cardio.

Replies

• mommyofdos30
    mommyofdos30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with Jillian Michael's DVDs, primarily Ripped in 30 for the past few weeks. Two days ago I finally started doing Zumba (Wii game). Doing that for 20 minutes since I still need to learn the steps and frankly feel pathetic doing it since I don't dance.
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the treadmill between 3.5-mph on an inline of 7 usually. I've also done 30DS a couple of times and I've been doing Walking Away the Pounds that I've found on youtube. I actually really like those. I have no sense of rhythm so I can't dance at all and that makes regular aerobics stuff hard to follow for me, but this is just different walking moves and leg lifts and stuff. I'm thinking of getting some of those DVDs. I need to start doing more strength training though.
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm walking a lot & not sitting near as much as I used to. I also try to get to the gym at least 3x a week to do the elliptical for 63 (60 min workout, 3 min cool down.) I've actually been getting there more than 3x a week which I'm very proud of. Once I drop some more weight I'll start on the other machines to do some strength training & build muscle.
  • kimnmiah
    Options
    I bought an elliptical so I couldn't use the excuse that I didn't have time to go to the gym. Love the elliptical. Been doing at least 20 min at least 6 days a week.
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This has not been updated in a couple of weeks so just wondering how we all are doing. I have to keep a schedule of my workouts so I stay focused.

M, W, Sat I do an hour of kickboxing at the gym
    T, TH Kettlebell workout-Jillian Michaels Shred with weights; I am liking this so far. I am using 10 lbs on level 1 so I may try level 2 to see how I do. Hope I don't croak.
    Fri-choice of Jillian Michaels DVD or other high cardio; I just ordered 2 new ones from Amazon
    Sunday-rest day but I take a 45 minute walk in the mornings and I half jog it.

How about you?
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm walking at least 6 times a week. I had been doing the treadmill, but we're reorganizing and it's buried at the moment so I bought the Walk Away the Pounds DVD and I really like that. The kids do it with me some days too. I got a nice walk outside pushing the double jogger with my 9 month old strapped to m\y chest so that was a good workout.

Been doing 30DS some too. Still need to start strength training!
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating, Tracey!

This week:

M - 60 min Zumba class
    W - 90 min Belly Dancing Fusion class
    F - 3 mile walk (Leslie Sansone), 42 mins
    Sa - 60 min Zumba class
    Su - 3 mile walk (Leslie Sansone), 42 mins
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My weight loss came to a halt last week so I'm mixing it up a bit earlier than I had planned. I started Couch 2 5K last night and plan on doing that 3x a week in addition to my elliptical workouts. In Jan, I did the elliptical 5x a week for an hour each time.

My workout schedule for Feb...

Day 1, Elliptical 63 min
    Day 2, Elliptical 30 min, Couch 2 5K on the treadmill 30 min
    Day 3, Free weights, resistance bands @ home
    Day 4, Elliptical 63 min
    Day 5, Elliptical 30 min, Couch 2 5K on the treadmill 30 min
    Day 6, Free weights, resistance bands @ home
    Day 7, Elliptical 30 min, Couch 2 5K on the treadmill 30 min

In March I'll add in more strength training at the gym but I HATE strength training so I'm totally putting it off :/