Cathe RT

Options
Good Morning All

How many of you have been on a Cathe RT? It seems to be all that I am tinking about. I am anxiously awaiting Cathe announcing an up coming RT. :blushing:

Lori

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I saw the post on Facebook about Chicago! So excited! I am not far from there so I might jump in and sign up! I'm planning to go to the NJ one this summer too. Can't wait!
  • Lori12885
    Options
    I would love to do a destination RT. Never been to Chicago. I hope the dates wok for me. My oldest son is graduating from HS this year and then leaves for basic training July 17. I will be staying close to home until he leaves. Getting very excited to hear about the dates.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    CHICAGO ROAD TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT: Hi All! It seems like I just started telling a few of you (in response to your questions), that we would no longer be having destination road trips, and boom, a phone call from the Grand Geneva Resort ( 80 miles outside of Chicago) calls to let us know they had a last minute cancelation for the weekend of April 13-15 2012. They said they can make it available to us if we are interested. As many of you know we’ve been looking into having a Road Trip in the Chicago area for the two years without a lot of success. Space is a premium in big cities and there just are not a lot of hotels directly in the heart of Chicago that have an available banquet room for an entire weekend large enough for our needs and at a price that would make sense. This is why we started looking at areas near Chicago, rather than directly in it, that made make more sense to host a Cathe Road Trip. Even after doing that, we realized in order to keep the road trip cost at our low price of $299.97 we had to make some changes. So with that said, here is where we stand with being able to have a Chicago road trip. The Grand Geneva resort, located 80 miles from Chicago and 50 from Milwaukee is ONLY available to us for the weekend of April 13, 2012. I would happily be willing to have a road trip but before I commit to this date (and sign the contract), I need to first make sure there is enough interest in doing a Chicago road trip on this short of a notice, at this location, on this date for the same price of $299.97. Also, to keep the price at $299.97 per person we will include two delicious, full course meals ( Friday night and Saturday night dinners) with your registration fee. While you’ll be responsible for your other meals, I can tell you that there are so many eateries available on the resort that there shouldn’t be a problem getting food at a restaurant or get some yummy nibbles for your room. Also, just as in the past, you’re responsible for your hotel room and transportation. Good News! Some things never change and I will still be teaching a total of 6 high energy classes and will spend the same amount of time as I always do meeting and bonding with all of you. I could never give up my time with you! We’ll still meet for a question and answer period and find fun things to do together when time permits around our scheduled events. I do have to make a decision on this in the next few days so please spread the word and let me know if you would definitely attend this event if it were to be held April 13 -15th. If we have enough interest I will sign the contract and see you in April!

THere you have it. Right in my backyard, 20 minutes from home.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I would like to see how many MFPers are going to commit to going. I have a big dilemma in that I have a seasonal site at a campground and that is our opening weekend. And it's a HUGE weekend, after waiting through six months of winter. It opens on Thursday morning though, so maybe I could go Thursday morning early and spend the night and come home Friday in time to go to Lake Geneva. Having Cathe here isn't going to happen too often. I wouldn't even have to pay for a hotel!

ETA: decided I'm definitely going! Who's with me!?
  • Lori12885
    Options
    :bigsmile: OH BOY!!! Now I have to really give this some thought. Its not close to graduation. Hubby said go.....EEEEEEK. Just have to check air fare. :bigsmile:
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    My DH was ok with the price! :huh: I would really like to go, and of course it is only about 30 min. from my house. Jill, I will let you know if I'm going after I talk more with DH tonight!

Laurie
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Cool Laurie! It would be fun to meet again. :)

I'm on the fence about staying there. I wasn't going to, but then someone on Cathe's site said it's just so much more convenient. I'll decide when we get closer and I see the agenda.