Level 1

Options

Replies

• Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done this afternoon then I had a PTO meeting tonight. I felt the burn with every stair a climbed today but I know that this a Nice burn and that my body is slowly changing. I am glad I start this because it is Girl Scout cookie time and my daughter is selling them.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well today I got a huge surprise. Im pregnant!! Any thoughts on if its safe to continue the shred?
  • mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done. Arms are sore. Will see how I feel in the morning. Excited to start day 4.

Jacquelyn913, Congratulations!!
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well today I got a huge surprise. Im pregnant!! Any thoughts on if its safe to continue the shred?

Congrats!! Not sure about the safeness. I was always told that if you were doing it before you were pregnant and it was your lifestyle then you should continue, but not to just start something new. However, I would call in to the doctors and ask them. If you don't have the dr. appointments yet, you can always call in and speak with the nurse on the nurse line. :)
  • abookreader2
    Options
    My calfs are so feeling it right now!!! I think I look funny when I walk LOL Ready for tomorrow though :)
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was great! Although for me, I have done this video (especially level 1) quite a few times, just not all the way through the 30 days just off an on. So, I think my muscles are used to the exercises, but I did notice tonight my muscles were thinking "Um, we've done this the past few days... can we have a break?" And I just told them no, gotta get through the 30! Haha.

I'm excited to get to Level 2 and 3 because I really haven't dabbled into them yet! I hope everyone is staying dedicated and really making the workouts count! I know for me it's the shortest yet most satisfying workout when you're done and makes me feel great!

I'm pairing the video w/ lots and lots of cardio and healthy eating! So far I've been doing 15-30 minutes of interval training on the treadmill (walking/running) and then 30 min on the elliptical.

Is anyone else incorporating other workouts into their routine... if so which ones and how do you like the dual workout?!

Enough chatter for me! Happy Shredding! :)
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    hey gbd i also work out along side the 30 day shread i feel i will get a bigger result if i do plus i like to see the burn calories in my excersize logg hehe.

who here uses a HRM?

day 4 complete along with a outdoor run :)
  • mkath4
    Options
    I will be going to the gym in the morning for 60 min. of cardio along with 30 DS in the evening.

Have not used a HRM, but thinking of buying one.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3. It is getting easier. My legs are in pain, but the rest of the body is finally pain free. Will most likely increase my weights tomorrow for a bit more of a challenge. Great job everyone :-)
  • abookreader2
    Options
    Day 3 is done along with about 2 hours at the gym. 60 min on the elliptical and about 50 minutes of strength training. Love seeing all the calories burned :) I have a HRM, but have yet to use it. It looks so complicated LOL It is like a watch, but there are so many functions. I will have to be brave and try to figure it out :) Everyone is doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM and I love it! It's called the ePulse2 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Counter

http://www.amazon.com/Impact-Sports-Technologies-ePulse2-Personal/dp/B004BHBGCY

It was recommended to me by another MFP on here and I had previously done my OWN research and knew that the most accurate ones have chest straps and there was no way I would stick w/ one that had a chest strap so this was a great option for me! I know there are other awesome options out there (and this one is a bit pricey), but I love having the accountability right on my arm and it makes me push harder to get to a higher number! :)
  • tonilizzy88
    Options
    day 5 complete and i managed a nice 258 calories burnt doing it :) my heart rate wa sup when i starte dmind as id just finished an hour on my cross trainer :)
    its getting easier
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. Didn't know if I would be able to make it through today because I have caught a cold. But what do you know... I completed it and did my best yet. Go me!
  • tonilizzy88
    Options
    :bigsmile: day 6 complete :) only 4 to go before i move on. and i lost 2 pounds this week
  • ShannaKayB
    Options
    Day 7 down!
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I took Friday as a rest day from Jillian but did laundry and cleaned the house. I did day 4 yesterday. I have a birthday party this afternoon but I plan to do 30ds after I get home.

I gained a little bit this week but lose 2 1/4 inches so I think this is still good.

congrats Jacquelyn913
  • mkath4
    Options
    You all are doing so well. Love to hear of inches and weight lost. :) I did not do 30 DS last night. Quite bummed now. Kids had friends over and we hogging the downstairs. Having fun, so didn't ask them to leave. Will do it today for sure. No more skipped days!
  • mkath4
    Options
    Also wanted to add that this is the time I have stopped on 30 DS in the past. Determined not to let that happen again.
  • tonilizzy88
    Options
    Also wanted to add that this is the time I have stopped on 30 DS in the past. Determined not to let that happen again.

you CAN do it. its 20 mins a day and think of the calorie burn in that amount of time :)
  • ShannaKayB
    Options
    Day 8 done this morning. I'm dreading level 2 but feel more ready for it this time. Maybe it will be better this time around!