Week 3 Mini Goals

Options
Kekibird
Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
We're about to head into week 3. Let's hear some of the mini goals our In It To Win It pals are planning to keep in mind while we exercise and log this week.

Also, what are some rewards you have planned for yourselves once you reach your completed goals? Do you have mini rewards for mini goals or just one big reward? What has helped to encourage you to attain your goals? What hasn't worked?

We wanna hear what you've been doing to encourage your healthy lifestyle!

Replies

• Kekibird
    Options
    This week I want to do 2 and 2. 2 Body Pump classes (M/W) and 2 Zumba classes (TH/S).

OCRunner and I are attending a Zumbathon on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to the fun and the time we get to spend together and the BIG BURN! Two hours of shaking our bodies and I'll likely burn around 1100 calories.

As for rewards, I like to reward myself with Me Time. As a single mom to a very bright 5 year old, Me Time is hard to come by so it's a hugely important reward. I like to get a massage and do some shopping by myself as a reward. So I'll splurge on some new nail polish or some new make-up to wear. These are my goal rewards.
  • iamaclno
    Options
    Where is the Zumbathon? Might be fun!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Where is the Zumbathon? Might be fun!

In Brea at the Brea Fitness Center. Cost will be $15 and it's this Saturday from 11-1pm.
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We're about to head into week 3. Let's hear some of the mini goals our In It To Win It pals are planning to keep in mind while we exercise and log this week.

Also, what are some rewards you have planned for yourselves once you reach your completed goals? Do you have mini rewards for mini goals or just one big reward? What has helped to encourage you to attain your goals? What hasn't worked?

We wanna hear what you've been doing to encourage your healthy lifestyle!
    Happy 3rd Week to all our IN It To Win It 2012 team :drinker:
    I came across an article that focused on the word "Unity" and I believe we have a winning team when we stick together in unity because we all have the same end goal, which is to live a healthy lifestyle. So with this in mind, I am challenging each of you to check in and know that we do care and want you to care for our fellow teammates :happy:
    Enjoy the Day and the Week! :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Recap: Last week I committed to increasing my workouts to include the Jillian Michaels beginner front bodywork, M/W/F. I did it :smile: YAY!!! I also completed my long run of 10 miles last saturday.
    This week's mini-goal, to drink 64 oz of water a day. I am going to try to drink 16oz first thing in the morning with lemon in it, I heard from Kekibird this is a good habit. Drink 16 oz before I eat and drink water with my meals. I want to consume the 64 oz before 7pm, no water after that. I am In to Win It!!!
    As for a reward, I haven't made any mini goals as of yet, however I am going to see about a one night sleep over in Temecula at Southcoast for a wine tasting, anyone in OC interested in joining me? I am thinking when I hit my 20 lb goal, that is 10 lbs from now, I will make the reservation, I have a groupon coupon to go at a discounted price :love:
    Ciao
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Mini goals-

1. Drink water! Aiming for at least 10 glasses per day...

2. Eat within my calorie goals.

3. Exercise Three times per week.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Week 3 mini goal: get week 5 of c25k in the bag!

As for rewards: at 25 pounds, I got an elliptical; at 50 pounds I got a Roku for my bedroom. From here on out, I'm rewarding myself for every ten pounds, but I don't yet know what I want for my 60 pound reward.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    How are everyone's Week 3 mini goals going?

I'm down one class and have 3 left, the second being tonight.
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goals for week 3:

1) Complete week 1 of C25K - Treadmill version. I did Day 2 today and it felt GREAT!!!!!
    2) Lose 3 pounds to make my weight loss thus far an even 10 pounds in 3 weeks!
    3) Stay under my calories at all costs

I've not thought of any rewards really. I guess when I get to my first real goal of having lost 30 pounds I'll do something special. Just not sure what yet.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Tomorrow I am going to weigh in to check my progress for this week.
  • apirotte
    Options
    My goal, for this 3rd week, was to make it to the gym, to workout, 3 times. I've been twice so far and I'm going after work today. I'm feeling stronger and I feel like there are a few inches off me from last week. My pants are fitting better. I am still struggling with the daily calories, but I have a goal for this weekend: to stick within my calories allowed per day. The weekends are the hardest for me. My mind is getting stronger, though, and I am going to make it.
  • ngottstein
    Options
    I have been fighting a nasty head cold since Sat which has zapped my energy so my goals for this week are to 1) get well & 2) start moving again! Today I did 20 min of Zumba & 30 min of strength training/abs so I feel great! Hoping to get out for a long walk tomorrow & hoping I didn't gain this week! Love hearing what everyone is doing & that even though we struggle at times, we are not struggling alone! Best wishes to everyone to have a great weigh in tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I havent been keeping up! My mini goals for week three are
    1. Workout at least 20 mins everyday
    2. Stay away from junk food
    3. Log in and keep up with MFP
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And so far so good. I've already seen improvements so I'm staying motivated!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! I've done 2/3 days of week 5 c25k. I'll do the 3rd one this afternoon.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Week 3 Mini goals-

1. Drink water! Aiming for at least 10 glasses per day...

2. Eat within my calorie goals.

3. Exercise Three times per week.
    Great goals, you will do it!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    My goals for week 3:

1) Complete week 1 of C25K - Treadmill version. I did Day 2 today and it felt GREAT!!!!!
    2) Lose 3 pounds to make my weight loss thus far an even 10 pounds in 3 weeks!
    3) Stay under my calories at all costs

I've not thought of any rewards really. I guess when I get to my first real goal of having lost 30 pounds I'll do something special. Just not sure what yet.
    Keep thinking of the reward, once you decide post it we would love to hear about it! Wishing you the best!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    My goal, for this 3rd week, was to make it to the gym, to workout, 3 times. I've been twice so far and I'm going after work today. I'm feeling stronger and I feel like there are a few inches off me from last week. My pants are fitting better. I am still struggling with the daily calories, but I have a goal for this weekend: to stick within my calories allowed per day. The weekends are the hardest for me. My mind is getting stronger, though, and I am going to make it.
    Love the positive attitude!!! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    And so far so good. I've already seen improvements so I'm staying motivated!
    Well done! We are right behind you, cheering you on :love:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! I've done 2/3 days of week 5 c25k. I'll do the 3rd one this afternoon.

:::happy dance:::: Keep it up:happy: