Hello, I'm Sandy

Options
Hi all. I joined the group yesterday. Anyone out there. I don't know who started the group, but I would like to post low calorie recipes that I have tried and liked, and discuss exercise and foods I eat, and tips that have helped me, if that's okay with you.

It's cold here in NC today. I really don't want to, but I guess I need to get to the gym to HAVE SOME OF MY SWEAT CRY. (A new year and a new me.) That's my motto for this year. I am watching what I eat, portion control works the best for me. Went to Olive Garden for dinner last night. I had my meal planned before I got there, Chicken Marsala, one breadstick and one plate of salad (they brought me 1/2 bowl of salad dry, and then I got the low calorie Parmesan peppercorn dressing on the side and only used a small portion of it. I split my entree in half and brought the rest home for lunch today. I drank ice water with lemon and had her fill the glass when it was empty so I could track how much I was actually drinking. You all have a great weekend.:happy: :happy:

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy - I am Rhenee' - I joined yesterday as well. I love the name of this group and was surprised it was started but didn't have any topics going.

On January 1st of this year I made a committment to myself to really buckle down and get this weight off. I have been "trying" to lose weight since last August but didn't really put my heart and mind into it. I started a 90 fitness challenge on the 1st of January and have focused on eating right and drinking lots of water. I am so determined to bet back down to at least 130. I am 47 and am perimenapausal so weight loss isnt any easy thing for me. I can lose 3 pounds fast but eat one "unhealthy" thing and gain it all back. I have come to realize that is has to be more at this point than just eating right and so by doing the 90 day challenge, I am trying to just construct a habit of exersizing.

My daughter is 25 and in college.....just bought herself a 42" tv and the insanity workout DVD's. Her and I have decided to get lean and healthy together and then take a girls trip to the beach!!
  • greenpollywawg
    Options
    Hi Sandy,
    Great to "see" you here!! I was wondering if I was the only one here, but am glad to see you and Rhenee' coming here too. I have to tip my hat so to speak to you for your trip to Olive Garden. That is the "pit of hell" for dieters, hehe. I'm amazed you did all your homework and stuck to your plan. It just so happens that my husband and I are going to OG next week to celebrate a little anniversary thing we have going on and I have been asking myself if I were going to plan ahead...well, you have inspired me to do so. Now if I can keep that resolve in focus??? We'll see I guess. (Should I take a bikini suit or something with me for encouragement?) :laugh:
    Please feel free to post low cal recipes and tips and we can all benefit, I really think it's ok by what I read of what this group is for.

Hi Rhenee',
    I absolutely love the idea of the beach and what you and your daughter are planning. Good thinking! I am fastly approaching "the other side" of peri-menopause. I did gain about 25 pounds in the process....BUT.....it was not all due to change in hormones! I have been going through some pretty serious stuff and turned to food for comfort. (My fault.) Now I am getting healthier mentally and spiritually and intend to get healthier physically.
    When in peri and menopause it is almost impossible to lose weight...but not ENTIRELY !! I found a real good site to learn strength exercises and cardio workouts from and began losing. As a matter of fact I had lost 30 pounds from it but then got very sick for a while and had to stop the exercising so I gained it all back, and a bit more. Anyway, it can be done...have faith.

Good luck to both of you on your journey's. -TJJ
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mariefrance. I joined the group yesterday because the name intrigued me. I've been on a roller coaster of minimal weight loss and not so minimal weight gain..but, I'm an optimist and am here to give it another go.

It's really nice to be able to communicate with other women with similar goals, it works wonders for staying motivated. So, here's to success.
  • brandts
    brandts Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah ladies, It's so good to hear from you. I think if we can offer support to each other and encouragement that will be wonderful. I did make it to the gym today, 70 minutes. 20, elliptical, 20 treadmill and 30 minutes on the weight machines. I am going to have to get the names of the machines so I can add my exercises in accordingly. I go to Planet Fitness. I did decrease my time for my mile today. 17:28 for my one mile. Last week it was over 20:00. I am still going to take it slow. I am interested in the 90 day plan you and your daughter are doing. Where do I find it. You all have a good weekend and keep in touch. I will friend you all, if I can figure out how and find you. I will also check on here throughout the day.