My least favorite comment

Options

Replies

• trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG How could I forget - the people (99.9% of the time it's ALWAYS men!) that want to ARGUE with you about how tall you are!!!!!!! OMFG if I had a dime for everytime I had to go through this I'd be living on an exotic island somewhere with a cabana boy! LOL

Most of the times these arguements spawn from men that are AROUND 6 feet tall. See, for men there's the 2 inch rule. If they tell you how tall they are, subtract two inches, and that in turn in their REAL height. Swear. To. Gawd. It's true.

I got so sick of a former coworker of mine giving me crap telling me "you have to be atleast 6'4", I'm 6'2" " that I finally marched his *kitten* upstairs to one of the medical labs and made him get under the height scale and measure himself!! SIX FEET on the nose. Exactly like I'd told him. Two inch rule. Idiot. He shut up after that........
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS!!! I mean do men think WE'RE lying about our height to emasculate them? Seriously, I want to say sorry that you're insecure about you height or feel threatened, but don't tell me that I must not know how tall I am... Drives me crazy!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Most of the times these arguements spawn from men that are AROUND 6 feet tall. See, for men there's the 2 inch rule. If they tell you how tall they are, subtract two inches, and that in turn in their REAL height. Swear. To. Gawd. It's true.

For a lot of men that two inch rule dosen't just apply to their height. :laugh:
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For a lot of men that two inch rule dosen't just apply to their height. :laugh:

hhahhahahahahhaha amen sister!
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    LOL. THAT in turn, falls under my "I do NOT date" RULE!!! :noway:
  • Jenn152
    Options
    One that really chaps my a.s.s is, "Ooohh... Probably shouldnt lose any more... you don't want to get TOO skinny!"

Um, thanks, but you are not my doctor therefore I will not take medical advice from you! People literally have no idea how much a tall person ACTUALLY weighs.... They think, "Oh you've lost 30 pounds! (in their mind, thats a LOT for a 'regular sized' person) You can't possibly need to lose anymore!"

Psshhhh! LOL!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    One that really chaps my a.s.s is, "Ooohh... Probably shouldnt lose any more... you don't want to get TOO skinny!"

Um, thanks, but you are not my doctor therefore I will not take medical advice from you! People literally have no idea how much a tall person ACTUALLY weighs.... They think, "Oh you've lost 30 pounds! (in their mind, thats a LOT for a 'regular sized' person) You can't possibly need to lose anymore!"

Psshhhh! LOL!

Agreed! I always feel like what that really means is " ooooh you shouldn't lose anymore... I don't want you skinnier than ME!"
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I HATE the comment 'you're tall so you can carry more weight off' also!

A few weeks ago at work I was stood round my boss's desk behind his chair, then a workman comes upstairs and approaches us to ask where someone is, double takes at me and says 'bloody hell, i thought you were standing on a box!' I was astounded he said something like that, I was like er... no this is just how tall I am! He then said as he was going he was going to make it up to me next time he came back, and bring some chocolates, and make sure they were low fat ones.... i was like 'so you're calling me fat now aswell?!' haha, poor bloke just kept digging himself deeper!!
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My favorite recently was this:

I am the principal of a middle school and I drive a two-seater Pontiac Solstice (very cute, but very small). One of my 6th grade students made the comment to his teacher, "Dr. G is really tall. Her car is really small. How does she fit in it?"
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost it on one of my bosses a couple years ago for the "But you're so tall" comment...
    I said, "Ugh I HATE that! It's like saying, Yes you're a cow, but you're a TALL cow, so it's less offensive to my eyes."
    She really didn't know how to react to that... LOL
  • marianacci3
    Options
    Haha that's amazing...way to tell him off...

And sooooo true!!

Oh another thing I hate is that people always assume that becuase I'm tall and have been somewhat slim my entire life, they think I weigh about 120 pounds and when they find out what I actually weigh....they are shocked!! "No way you weigh that much!!!" and I just think...thanks..now I feel great! :smile:
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    "Wow, youre tall!"

Its all I can do to not gasp in shock and go REEEEEALLY?!

:laugh: i always just look at them and say... no i'm not, youre just incredibly short.

love it!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My sister called me "Lurch" when we were in high school, until I kicked her in the shin, but I still hate it when people call me "big", instead of "tall". To me, big sounds a lot worse.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i loved every single post in this thread. i like when short guys comment on my height. but i also like towering over short guys because i know it makes them uncomfortable. i didn't really confident in my height until a couple years ago, but i married a guy who's 6'3 and at 5'11, he makes me feel short. until i leave the house.
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My least favourite:

"You're so tall I'd have to go up on you." - eeewwwww

"You're tall" - nothing like stating the obvious

"You're huge!" - what am I? Godzilla?
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My least favourite:

"You're so tall I'd have to go up on you." - eeewwwww

Worst one yet!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "You're huge!" - what am I? Godzilla?
    [/quote]

Uggh, I hate that one...
  • InvaderKiya
    Options
    I can completely relate. I'm 6'0 and one of the shorter females in my family. After joining the Air Force this year though I have never gotten it so much in my life! Basic was especially hard since I stood out as the tallest in my flight by several inches. My day would usually include:

"Hey Stretch"
    "Slinky"
    "Amazon"
    "50 ft female"
    "Magic Johnson of Trainees" (...really?)
    "Slone size your big *kitten* in!"
    "Freaky tallness!"

The list goes on.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I can completely relate. I'm 6'0 and one of the shorter females in my family. After joining the Air Force this year though I have never gotten it so much in my life! Basic was especially hard since I stood out as the tallest in my flight by several inches. My day would usually include:

"Hey Stretch"
    "Slinky"
    "Amazon"
    "50 ft female"
    "Magic Johnson of Trainees" (...really?)
    "Slone size your big *kitten* in!"
    "Freaky tallness!"

The list goes on.

all of these are awesome! and thank you for your service~ even if all those little boys are jealous of your amazingness!
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Most of the time the comments don't bother me, but one time, I had a friend who was moving out of town and everyone was hugging him good bye. Apparently my height made him uncomfortable, because when I hugged him he made a comment and motions like he was climbing a tree. He was a little guy. Probably the only time in my adult life that a comment about my height had hurt me.

As for straight up least favorite: "How'd you get so tall?"

REALLY?? sheesh!