Exercise Time

Options
sunnypenny
sunnypenny Posts: 23 Member
Exercise. In my mind I know it is key to getting in shape and loosing weight. Just where do you fit it in? I would love to hear the strategies some of you mom's have used.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I belong to the gym down the street from our house. My husband works during the day so I put the kiddies to bed for the night about 8 and head to the gym. I have found if I change into my gym clothes before I start dinner I have a much better chance that I won't talk myself out of going after bedtime:) good luck
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    I really like the idea of getting your workout clothes on before you are actually planning to start the exercising. I can see this would be a motivater. Thanks for sharing!!
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    I have gotten 3 workouts under my belt. I know that staying on track and keeping a regular schedule of exercise is going to be my biggest challenge. I have never enjoyed exercise. What I need to keep forcused on ishow it makes me feel. Not to mention, it is the only way to get rid of this c-section belly I am sporting. I definately want to accomplish that. Certainly that reminder should keep me motivated. Still looking to hear your motivational tactics. Hope to hear from more of you.
  • tap7886
    tap7886 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am horrible about working out regularly. I have two kids 6 and 7 yr old girls, work full time, and attend lcc part time. I do my best to get at least 30 mins in at home each day. Some days this consists of the wii fit plus or just roughhousing with the kids. I take the steps to my 3rd floor class Monday and Wednesdays. And I stay in motion at work. ( I am a fast food manager so I am always on the move)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have gotten 3 workouts under my belt. I know that staying on track and keeping a regular schedule of exercise is going to be my biggest challenge. I have never enjoyed exercise. What I need to keep forcused on ishow it makes me feel. Not to mention, it is the only way to get rid of this c-section belly I am sporting. I definately want to accomplish that. Certainly that reminder should keep me motivated. Still looking to hear your motivational tactics. Hope to hear from more of you.

you mentioned that you never enjoyed exercise...maybe you just havn't found the right workout yet:) Maybe try a team sport or a group exercise class...my gym has some later classes for folks like me who work out later at night.
  • sunnypenny
    Options
    I am horrible about working out regularly. I have two kids 6 and 7 yr old girls, work full time, and attend lcc part time. I do my best to get at least 30 mins in at home each day. Some days this consists of the wii fit plus or just roughhousing with the kids. I take the steps to my 3rd floor class Monday and Wednesdays. And I stay in motion at work. ( I am a fast food manager so I am always on the move)

I know we are all too busy!! Its great that you keep trying though. I guess that is the ticket. To keep on keeping on. Don't give it up for a lost cause.

Hey, what are you taking at LCC. That is where I went too. I acturally grew up in Lansing. Graduated from Eastern. I was in the Interpreter Training Program. Small world.
  • tap7886
    tap7886 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out taking some intro classes. I really have no idea what I want to be, but I know I dont want to work at Burger King for the rest of my life so I needed to make some changes.