Biggest Loser - 3rd Challenge

Options
Biggest-Loser-Logo.gif

The Basics (which will stay the same for the next few weeks!)

Our third challenge runs from January 21st – January 27th.
Captains xls must be updated by 12pm Est on January 28th . As a captain, you can update the xls starting that Friday, January 27th, anytime after 12pm Est. (yes I did change the time, I am giving you a full day to get this done now. Please email me as well on MFP that you have finished updating your teams XLS tab.)

Immunuity 
On each team, the person with the highest % of weight loss has IMMUNITY. (until we are down to a smaller group) 
Each team will have a chance for Immunity as well, this will be the team with the highest % of weight loss (until I we are down to a smaller group). 

Eliminations 
Eliminations will be based on the lowest % of weight loss for that weigh in. The two teams with the lowest amount will have two people up for Elimination. Each of those two people will email me (subject must say the week, team... example Week 1, Bluesers) and then in the body, you will tell me what you did for the week and why you should say. I will decide which one from each team stays, and we will move the other two people into the "At Home Prize" Category. 
Eliminations will change up a bit, as we dwindle to the end. I will keep you updated on that as well. 

Here is the link again, in case you want to watch what happens each week or check your info. (I will update the main team tab once all of the weights have been updated on each tabs xls.) 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apq8QDudCKyRdFVlNTVhcmZvYnlKekkzNFRNUXAtTGc&hl=en_US#gid=12

Week 2 Winners

Cooking Challenge – Immunity Winner is StaceyLegg StaceyLegg.jpg

Cooking Challenge – 2lb Advantage Winner is Shanna
shanna.jpg

Cooking Challenge – 1lb Advantage Winner is Kerrib
kerrib.jpg

Side Planks – Immunity Winners – Soccer8 (1368 planks)
Side Planks 1lb Advantage Winners – Cantjustcant (700 planks) and sigsone (540 planks)

Eliminations: As of right now, no one will be eliminated. This is only because we have had numerous people drop out of the last week (about 25), so everyone else that reported their weight to the captain will be safe this week. Those who did not, will be moved to the “At Home Challenger”

TEAM CHALLENGE!!

wallsquat.png

Our third team challenge is.... Wall Squats! You dont know what a Wall Squat is? Here is an explanation.

1.Stand against a wall, with your legs extended out. Your feet should be about 2' away from the wall. If you have knee pain or an injury, adjust your feet out so that when you bend and straighten, you feel no pain. You should not feel pain or discomfort in your knees at any time during this exercise.

2.Inhale, then exhale and allow your abdomen to fall toward your back. Your gaze is straight in front of you, knees slightly bent and chin is slightly tucked. Try to keep the back of your head touching the wall.

3.As you exhale, bend your knees to slide your back down the wall. Ideally, you will come to a level almost as low as sitting. But let the presence of any pain guide you as to how far down you go. Remain with comfortable knees! You will get a better workout for your seat muscles that way. Also, check to see that your knees do not come any more forward than your ankles. Try to line them up with the area between the big toe and the 2nd toe. This will protect them from injury.

4.Check for knee pain again. If need be, adjust the distance between the wall and your feet to accomodate good knee alignment and the level of challenge to your muscles. In other words, it's okay to take them more than 2' away from the wall, if it will help you accomplish the movement safely.

5.Hold the position for 5-10 seconds. Breathe evenly. If this position feels challenging to your muscles, pay attention to your breath -- that should help you get through your 5-10 seconds. Eventually, you can work up to holding the position for 1-2 minutes.

6.Move slowly back to the start position. The workout for your seat muscles should intensify on the way back up.

Just do the best you can. I am not going to tell you how long to do them, but I will throw in an iccentive, the person that does the most time with wall squats, must email me by the 27th. In the subject, you will tell me how time you did with the wall squats This person will have Immunity. The person with the second longest time with wall Squats will have a 1lb advantage. Sound good?

Also, I will be doing another Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run January 21st – Jan 25th 8pm. I need the pictures emailed either on MFP or biggest.loser.12@gmail.com. I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation. You must send me a picture of link of the recipe you find online/book. I need a picture of you cooking it (I know some of you are single, so write your name on a piece of paper or something and take a picture of that with your food cooking) and then a picture of the final product. The new requirment this week is you must have atleast one protein and two different color vegetables in this meal. (IE, Carrots and Spinach together would work because they are different colors.. lol) Any other questions, please feel free to email me. ONE more thing, after you submit your picture to me, please post just your recipe on the recipe thread in the group so we can share with everyone.

Now onto the different team challenges. I am not going to submit their info anymore. I know its prettier when I have all the pictures but it does take a lot of time for both me and the captains. ALTHOUGH, the captains will need to either have a group post or blog up with the description, and if a picture if they'd like.

Replies

• TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    So we no longer have to send you group challenges?
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    woo hoo!!!!! My meal pic is up here!!!
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    No, you dont have to send to me, just let me know when you update your post via the group or blog.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LOVE the challenge!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SO EXCITED for this challenge :D
  • cmcravens
    cmcravens Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love it, I haven't had done this in a long time.So I will give it my best. That is all I can do. This will go well with our group challenge.
  • knighty
    knighty Posts: 62
    Options
    total all week time or just how long you can do in 1 setting? sorry:(
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sweet!! a whole week with no back itching!! an exercising back scratcher lol love it!
  • NataLuz
    NataLuz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @ knighty it is also not clear for me: total time of all wall squats or the maximum time of 1 wall squat should be reported to CJ?
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Goooood luck team...

Hint for the challenge...if u go to a gym and do weights...do this instead of sitting.. ...i do it a lot fo1arm exerciises...work big muscles with small....legs....

Do it!!!!
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    @ knighty it is also not clear for me: total time of all wall squats or the maximum time of 1 wall squat should be reported to CJ?
    [/iquote]

i am not sure either. how many we do or how long we hold one???
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    Total time all together, not just in one sitting.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    So excited i LOVE wall squats.