Foods that make you feel full?

Options
I need ideas on food that make you feel full but are still healthy?? any ideas?

Replies

• WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    Hi, Protein is really good for this, you should try and include protein into every meal of your day.
  • fallonlaree
    Options
    Eggs! I've never been an eggs for breakfast person until I started getting serious about getting healthy. Now I make a scrambled egg (half yoke - cant get to just egg whites yet! ha) breakfast sandwich on whole wheat bread. I use only 1 piece of bread so it's like half a sandwich and even though it looks small it always fills me up! And it gives me a great boost for the day!
  • janahunter
    janahunter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes! I started on these when I started hardcore workouts and they make me feel full for hours. My trainer swears that I should eat 5 meals a day that are about 250-300 calories each. I am having a hard time doing that, so I am doing a protein shake for breakfast, a light lunch, healthy snack (fruit or veggies) and a 500-600 calorie dinner.

The protein shakes that I use aer from Vitamin World and are soy based and chocolate flavored. You can mix these with water for only 100 calories. I will admit, adding about a tsp of low fat chocolate syrup helps with the taste :)
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    I've been making these sandwiches lately that I have found to be pretty filling! And they work as the main part of my lunch (Although I usually have yogurt and fruit with it as well)
    I take 2 pepperidge farm wheat slices... The extra thin ones, that are only 40 calories a slice
    A little bit of light ranch
    Cucumbers

It's really good! And if I'm doing well with my calories for the day, I will add a piece of cheese on the sandwich.
    It's a low fat/low calorie sandwich and I always feel full!
  • Fuzz1980
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips!! hate the hungry feeling i seem to be getting even though am eating the calories i am allowed. will defo be trying these out. more tips welcome :)