What's new for breakfast - almond milk!

Options
Does everyone eat breakfast? I hate eating breakfast but I read in order to start your metabolism it is important to eat breakfast.

I don't want to waste my calories on something I am forcing myself to do I decided to have Kashi's Go Lean cereal which has 140 calories in a cup 13 g protein. Instead of cow's milk, today I switched to unsweetened almond milk which has only 35 calories in a cup - and I only use 1/2cup so that's 158 calories for breakfast.

Just thought I'd share!

What other low calorie high fiber breakfasts can I try?

Replies

• myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean, has another cereal that is even higher in protein than that. I use it at home, but can't remember the name exactly. Just have to look at all of them. There is also a low fat milk called Mootopia that is super high in protein you might try if any of your grocers sell it. I buy it at HEB.
  • stacywx2
    Options
    I love almond milk, not so much for taste, but also because it has lower sugars than cow's milk. I really can't use almond milk first thing in the morning because the calcium content is that of milk, which interferes with my Synthroid. I used to eat oatmeal every morning, instead, not realizing the high fiber in oatmeal also interferes with Synthroid. I have since started eating veggie wraps with egg whites - high protein, low calcium, and not so much oat fiber. I will have a mid-morning snack of protein rich smoothie where I use my almond milk. I'm interested to see what others have for their breakfast meals.
  • seaglass2
    seaglass2 Posts: 192
    Options
    I am actually looking to lower (not eliminate) my consumption of animal protein and increase plant based foods in my diet.

I like the idea of a veggie wrap maybe with some hummus for protein instead of an egg- thanks for the idea!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I used to skp breakfast every day -- but now I am addicted to it. On my low-carb days, I eat eggs and bacon or sausage. On my high carb days I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch with almond milk and strawberries or blueberries. Deliciious :-)
  • Jeannie5466
    Options
    Whilst looking for the answers to why I have gained 2 pounds in 4 days when I have been dilligantly watching what I eat and exercising every day I came across this thread. I eat breakfast everyday now, as I said I am trying to do everything by the book (just wish my body would respond accordingly!!) and my breakfast of choice is orange and bluberry couscous with Toatl greek 0% yogurt for the protein. This recipe came from Biggest Loser Australia and is so quick and tasty and indulgent, feels like a real treat to eat! Comes in a roughly 300 cals and is absolutely delicious and stes you up for the day.