Going to the Gym...

Options
imaginativa
imaginativa Posts: 20 Member
So I have a fitness center in my apartment complex to go to. I've been a few times, but every time I go I feel so self-conscious! I *know* that everyone is focusing on themselves, and that I shouldn't be worrying about it...but I still do. What do you guys do to get over that feeling?

Replies

• trichards112
    trichards112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to just get in there and get moving. If you feel uncomfortable about what exercises you should be doing there are plenty of work out tips available online. Hope this helps.
  • jentatt
    Options
    I turn on my ipod pretty loud and don't pay attention to anyone else. This really helps me because otherwise I feel like everyone is watching me. Hope it helps you also!
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Other ppl prob feel self conscous to..but yeah i'd get some banging tunes to listen to an once you get started working out you will not even notice anyone else there hopefully...you will start to feel more confident as your working out :-)
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    I listen to music really loudly :] But a friend of mine has really bad anxiety about working out in front of other people. So we try to go at times that people usually don't go! Early in the morning is good, so is around 8 or 9. Even 3 pm is pretty empty! At least here it is :] But there really is no need to feel self-conscious! Everyone is there for the same reason. To kick *kitten* :P
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I go at 3am in the morning when no one else is there but me and the people that work there, and by the time other folks start rolling in I am rolling out. Also I just blast the music and let skinny me within talk to me and egg me on.