Monday Check In

Options
Hello wonderful people out there i hope that you all find your way to this group and that you will find that this is the right group for you... I wanted to start a group something for me to be able to hold myself accountable but give motivation support and encouragment to others who are trying to do what i am change ther life have a happier and healthier life making smarter and healthier choices... We all have good days bad days i wanna hear it all if your having a bad day and you ate a cake i wanna hear it i know you wont eat a cake but if you did i would wanna hear it.. I want others who are going to check in who will be motivational and encouraging to others no matter what there number is to lose... I have over 100 lbs to lose and i know it will not be a easy journey i did not gain this weight overnight and it will take more than overnight for me to get rid of this weight... I welcome you all to come post daily... I would like for you to even post your daily food i would love to see what you are all eating drinking exercise recipes are more than welcome lets make this group a great group where we know we have others who are doing this with us where we can make great friends and great success stories..

Replies

• mommyof4inny
    Options
    Hi there! I wanted to jump on board and say a quick hello. Similar to yourself, my ultimate goal is to lose 80 pounds. I have been struggling with weight gain since the birth of my third child a little over twelve years ago. I currently have four children ages 16, 15, 12, and 8. I work full time as a social worker for mentally ill adults and I am on my feet all day. I am also a busy mom and my nights are filled with running kids to sports, dance classes, etc..... We, like many other busy families today, have grown into the tragic pattern of grabbing dinner on the go. I would estimate that we ordered pizza or ate out on more days then we ate in. I admit that I am honestly not a "big eater". I do not drink soda, I do not drink coffee, and my sweets are limited. My biggest challenge is that I am a meal skipper. I was known to skip breakfast (they say this is the most important meal of the day), grab a quick lunch which usually consisted of a deli meat sandwich, chips or soup, and a fruit, and then grab dinner on the go with my family. My metabolism is awful and the weight has just packed on. I started the 17 Day Diet a week ago today and I am off to a fairly good start. I have been following to a T and I have currently lost 4 pounds. My biggest challenge has been drinking 8 glasses of water. I have not been able to work up to that as of yet. I have been able to fight off the temptation three times this past week. I made chocolate chip cookies for the kids, my boss made chocolate chip cookies at work, and my son's birthday was yesterday. Anyhow, I just wanted to say a quick hello and jump on board. Here's to our weight loss! We can do it!
  • TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I will gladly join this group!! I love the fact that there are so many people out there that are willing to openly discuss and share their struggles and their journey of weight loss with complete strangers!!!

I am a busy working mom, of just one......none the less just one kid, a husband, a house and a job makes for a very stressed day ti day. I, as with all the women in my family, gained a lot of weight during pregnancy. I was 145 to start and walked into delievery one pound shy of 200. A year and a half later......after a few life road bumps I am down to 169 and can dedicate sone more tine to fitness and some extra time for myself. My goal is to get down to 150 and then ultimately down to 140.... I love to be held accountable and I also enjoy holding others accountable in a caring way. I look forward to "checking in" and joining others in weight loss journey!!
  • mommyof4inny
    Options
    Just reread what you have written above and noted that you had asked about what I am eating daily. As I mentioned, I recently started the 17 Day Diet. I am not sure if you are familiar with what this is or not but you can read the information about this diet online. It is called the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Moreno. Don't let the name fool you.....this diet is not just 17 days!

Anyhow,

breakfast: a protein (usually 2 hard boiled egg whites) a probiotic (Dannon Activia Fat free yogurt like blueberry or strawberry) a fruit (usually red grapes or an apple), and a cup of hot green tea with one truvia to sweeten.

lunch: unlimited protein (I usually eat two lean deli turkey slices or tuna), unlimited cleansing vegtables (broccoli, carrots, green beans, peppers, etc....), a second fruit, and diet green tea with citrus. Occasionally, I will substitute the fruit for a second serving of probiotic like fat free cottage cheese.

dinner: varies sometimes I will have a garden salad with grilled chicken breast and some lite balsamic vinigarette dressing. Or perhaps a grilled chicken or turkey breast with a side of a vegtable.

snack: a second probiotic or second fruit.

You also are given a friendly fat such as cooking oil. And condiments are okay in moderation.

Note: Do not eat fruit after 2 p.m. because the sugar is not easily digested and sits as fat.

Also drink 8 fluid ounces of water per day. (This is something I am working on!)

This is considered cycle one of the 17 day diet. Cycle one jumpstarts your weight loss, jumpstarts and boosts your metabolism, and cleans out the toxins in your body. You generally lose about ten pounds in the first 17 days although the more you have to lose, the more you tend to lose. On cycle two, more foods will be added back into the diet. After 17 more days, you move on to cycle three where more foods are added to your diet. If after cycle three, you have met your goal, then you move on to the final stage which is cycle 4 where you learn to maintain your weight. If you have more weight to lose (like myself), then you decide which cycle you would like to go back to and start again. I was lucky enough to find a support group for this diet and I have heard many great things. I am really hopeful to see results! I have the support of my doctor and family and I already have the kids trained to keep me on track! LOL
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to the group i am not familiar with this 17 day diet but i am so curious :) Thank you for letting me know about it i will look into it ... you look like you have real healthy and good choices and see you already taught me something about not eatin fruit after 2 i did not know that so thank you :) I know when you are on the go that take out is the easiest route i only allow for take out to be in my house 1 a week wow 4 kids thats great i have two kids a son who is 10 and a daughter who is 8.. Yes they do say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day i had issues with breakfast i NEVER EVER ate it or drank my water lol.. now i have a Slimfast shake in the am i make myself take it on the go so it is at least something in me.. Your body can not really get going if it has no fuel.. How many times a week do you workout ??? What do you do for a workout and yes in my eyes walking is a workout :) I can not wait to get to know you more.. Keep drinking that water.. :)
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    Hi there and welcome aboard Country Mom i agree that it is great to see so many people wanting to help others I love that as well it is good to have others to do the journey with especially when there are so many out there who are struggling and just want to lose weight and feel great and healthy.. One kid one husband can equal just as much as anyone else.. When i was pregnant with my boy i gained 70lbs that was my excuse i have a baby in me i have to EAT EAT EAT bluh.. I think it is important to check in have others see what you have been up to what you have been eating and just in general how you are doing.. it is the everyday constant in our lives that can help ground us into this becoming a great success.. And i have no doubt you will get to that goal stay focused and determined and you will get there we will make sure of it :)
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    You keep eating well ./.... moving well... drinking smart... you will get those results..
  • darlenestanley
    darlenestanley Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been riding the roller coaster for years and I am ready to get off. I went to a Nutritionist last Wednesday which led me to counting calories again and adding more fiber into my diet to reduce my cholesterol levels.

I am so happy I found this website. I have tried to count calories before but it was so complicated with the books and looking up info online. This database has so much already in it and it is very easy to add to it.

Anyway, the gym I go to is doing a Biggest Loser Contest during the month of February. I am going to do it and I am very excited about it keeping me focused.

I have 80 lbs to lose.
  • mommyof4inny
    Options
    I had knee (lateral release and a miniscus repair) surgery a year ago and so my exercise is currently limited. Right now I am enjoying my stationary bike and walking. I have been riding the bike for 30 minutes per day and walking as often as I can. I am hoping to work up to my eliptical in the next week or so.

Glad to see so many others joining the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting each other throughout our weight loss journey!
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to the group darlene we are happy to have you here and join us.. I agree with you I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site it is so simple and easy and having others to do this with is a super extra wonderful bonus.. i would love to know more about the biggest loser contest you do where do you do it what is involved in it?? I know you will get those cholesterol numbers down and you will do it i have no doubt that those 80lbs will vanish on you...How did you get a ticker lol i can not figure it out i know im computer lost lol. but i can not figure it out for the life of me lol
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE THE WORD ITSELF SAYS IM POSSIBLE... :)
  • mommyof4inny
    Options
    jdragonfly: go to your settings above and click on it. It will ask you if you would like to have your ticker added to all of your posts. Just click on YES. It is that easy!!!
  • darlenestanley
    Options
    I have just read the bulletin board announcement at the gym. Everyone that wants to participate has to pay $20 towards the pot. We all have to be measured and weighed the first week in February. We will get one session with a personal trainer. The person who loses the most at the end of 4 weeks will with the pot. If the pot is only $100 there will be one winner. If the pot is $200 or more there will be two winners. The winners will also get one month of personal training.

I am in Fayette County, Georgia.
  • darlenestanley
    Options
    Oh, I meant to identify myself in the picture. I am the one on the far left in the picture.
  • TruckingAngel05
    Options
    I just wanted to say hello to all. I am new to this site and this board. I look forward to being part of this group and be held responsible along with being held accountable and encouraged!! Just a qucik rundown of who I am. I am a truck driver. I do alot of sitting! Since 2005 I have gained 130lbs and I would like to drop it because I would love to have children in the near future! Thanks in advance for all the encouragment that I know I will find it in here! Everyone have a good day and be safe in all u do!
  • misfixit1
    misfixit1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I want to start by introducing myself. I'm a 41 year old wife, mother of 5 and a yo yo dieter. I have been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which I knew ran in my family. When I was diagnosed in June of 2011, I did not take it seriously at all. I thought the medication I was on was the magic bullet. Well it was a bullet alright. But it was not magical. After 4 months on medication it caused my liver to become damaged. I had to get off the meds. My doctor told me If I continued down the same path I would not see my 50th birthday. So with much soul searching in October I decided to get in control of my life and not let food tell me what to do. I started excerising and watched what I ate and I have currently lost 45 pounds. I have reached a Plato so I decided to join a group. I found this app on my iPad yesterday. I am hoping to be able to find new ideas so I can start to see. Change once again. I have. Around 50 more pounds to lose. I did however get great newsat my last doctor visit last week that my lIver had fixed itself with the help of my new lifestyle. The little advice I would share to everyone is to eat anything you want. Just do it in moderation and learn portion control. There is no such thing as a " bad" food. I think of my program as a new lifestyle. A
    Ifestyle that will, with. Gods help, keep me here for a long long time. To get variety in my diet I say I eat the rainbow. I eat all the colors of the rainbow daily. It ensures that I get the nutrition I need and I do not get bored. I excerise 6 days a week. And yes, I work. Go to school full time. Run a family and do countless trips to karate , school events, and soccer games. But I always make time for me. I tell myself daily that I'm important and that I need to be selfish sometimes so I can work on me. It makes me a better mom, wife, friend, and person. I look forward in meeting each and everyone of you and share in our journey together. Take it one day at a time. And tell yourself daily that your worth it. Good luck
  • bubble1049
    Options
    I just joined tonight too, i myself found out i am a type 2 diabetic, it runs like water through my family! I also have pcos (polly systic ovaries) My weight has been up and down my whole life and i have finally come to the conclusion that i control my destiny and i am tired of wearing loose bummy clothes to hide the extra flab. Im ready to move on and get back down, and this time stay there!
  • misfixit1
    Options
    Oh you asked what we eat. Well. I said I eat the rainbow but I follow the food pyramid. I have done countless diets in my life and sure I have had some success but this time it's a lifestyle choice. I eat. 6 times a day.. Yes 6 times... I eat 6 ounces of protein, 3 servings of dairy, 3 fruits, 5 servings of whole grains, and 4 servings of vegetables. I drink lots of water and green tea. You can drink green tea and count it as a serving of water! Genius I know. I also will swear by safflower oil. You can find it at any grocery store in the cooking oil isle. It is high in antitoxants and it aids in burning your brown fat and reviving up your metabolism. It has no taste and I use it for everything. Cooking baking and salad dressing. Google it to see all the benefits of the oil. You will not be disappointed. I also eat 3 ounces of dark chocolate dAily. :) but it needs to be at least 60 percent coco. To get the right benefits from it. It's also important to get some of your protein from fish, lentils, and beans. I eat fish usually tuna 3 times a week. I eat lentils in my daily vegetable soup and beans 5 times a week. Add healthy fats such as nuts safflower oil or olive oil.
  • misfixit1
    Options
    I just joined tonight too, i myself found out i am a type 2 diabetic, it runs like water through my family! I also have pcos (polly systic ovaries) My weight has been up and down my whole life and i have finally come to the conclusion that i control my destiny and i am tired of wearing loose bummy clothes to hide the extra flab. Im ready to move on and get back down, and this time stay there!
    . Hint. Eat 6 times a Day. To keep your blood sugar level :).
  • Miahwa
    Miahwa Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello all, I'm glad that there are groups to join, I really want things to go well for me this time. I am 31 years old and I work in restaurants and have been for the past 17 years. I have steadily watched my weight rise until I hit the absolute top at 267lbs in May of 2011. It is hard for me to keep up when it's super busy at work now and I am only getting by because of the experience I have.

I found this site as a free app on my phone and now I find myself becoming a little obsessive about it. My goal is to lose 100lbs and to lose 2lbs a week I am eating 1700 calories a day. Last Wednesday I weighed in at 255lbs to start and on Sunday morning I weighed 249.5lbs. I was happy :)

Today is my day off from work, as is tomorrow and I find myself craving the crap food that I usually ate on my days off. I have done well today, and hopefully tomorrow is a good repeat of today.

Right now I am eating a lot of prepackaged frozen dinners, Smart Ones etc....I know I need to make my own, but I was in a rush to get things in my house that were at least decent for me instead of high fat things. Tomorrow I am going to go grocery shopping with this site and some of the recipes I saw on here in mind.

Hopefully this time I will get it right and get down to where I want to be, and hopefully, with all of you, we will make this year a year to remember :)
  • norriedawn
    norriedawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been looking for a group for motivation and support. I managed to lose about 40 pounds a year and a half ago but then hit a plateau and have been struggling ever since. Over the last three months I managed to gain 15 pounds back and I definitely don't want to undo all my work. I still have 100 pounds to lose so my journey will be a long one. I would love to check in and get to know everyone.