Green bell peppers?

Do green bell peppers really have that many carbs in them? Is this ok to eat? Trying to keep my carbs at 20 grams ( trying for less)..I like snacking on them with spinach/artichoke dip- very tasty and very healthy...but I will stop if they really have as many carbs as what this MFP shows....

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    A average size bell pepper has roughly 8 carbs with about 3 gr of fiber. So if you minus the fiber you only have 5 net carbs.

I love peppers with ranch and I eat them all the time. When I started losing weight my highest was 254.4 lbs and I got down to 189, but I stopped low carbing and got back up to 227.2 lbs, But I'm back on and now losing again.

Good luck,
    Anita
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Go to www.calorieking.com and research green bell pepper - and select the "1oz" in the drop down box to get a more accurate read on the carb counts.

Green peppers ARE a healthy carbohydrate. You just have to be good about meal planning and portioning... I eat peppers all the time and couldnt imagine not having them on my steaks or in my homemade marinara!
  • i have found that on mfp not all results are accurate def. find another site to double check im on atkins and going by the book so in there they tell u the veggies and how many net carbs which is what u count...so on here i find the right one that matches to what my reference is if not then create the food item to put in the system :) iv done that a couple times
  • yes i eat them daily :) also just in smaller portions and mixed with onions usually
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Go to www.calorieking.com and research green bell pepper - and select the "1oz" in the drop down box to get a more accurate read on the carb counts.
    i have found that on mfp not all results are accurate def. find another site to double check im on atkins and going by the book so in there they tell u the veggies and how many net carbs which is what u count...so on here i find the right one that matches to what my reference is if not then create the food item to put in the system :) iv done that a couple times

Correct.. which is why I posted www.calorieking.com as a valid site to reference.