X2 Balance and Power Day 6

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
Let's hear it people! I am going to be doing this in a few hours ... after breakfast settles! hahaha

Replies

• ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    We are about to do this right now.. I'm a little scared, looks like a lot of balance moves!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    First of all; Tony's sister Kit is in this video ... She looks great for having had 3 kids! Sports bra and shorts ... envy ;) I've had no kids and don't feel comfy doing that even after losing the weight

Okay .. so since Phase 1 is Core/Stability/Balance based this workout is FULL of that and a bag of chips. Kale chips though, cuz you know ... anyway moving on. The Sphinx to plank plyo bounce on the stability ball I had to modify .. I was going to break my wrists lol ... I am just so unbalanced for a lot of this stuff so I guess it's good that I am going to do this for at LEAST 3 weeks ... heck I may take it out to 6 at this rate. I did recognize some moves from what my personal trainer used to do with me (or make me do) and I was happy to see the moves but quickly deflated as I struggled with some of them. Most notably; the Plank Ball Crunch which I have done literally a gazillion times in the past ... I could only manage 4 reps ... OUT OF 20 *shame* ...

For this workout I did do the foam rolling portion of the warm up and THERE ARE ADDITIONAL MOVES in this warm up so don't just skip to the workouts after the foam rolling portion if you are skipping the foam rolling.

My best moves were the russian twist (med ball between the knees and doing mason twists with a weight), weighted katherine (5lbs) X Plank Spider Twist ... Next weekend I am looking forward to getting MORE reps in each exercise. If I can do the full rep counts on each exercise in each workout of Phase 1 by the end of 3 weeks I will move on to Phase 2 in week 4, if not, then I will do 1 more week in Phase 1 before moving on.

Tomorrow I am going to do Recovery and Mobility I NEED the roller ... badly.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    I thought it was good, I think it's my favorite so far! Even though I watched it, it took us some time to get the moves. There were some I didn't do that great with but I tried my best. I love the last move the best.

I never did ARX2 on Thursday so I might do that right now. Lots o' core today! :)
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Just finished!! Whoo....I am soaking wet with sweat!!! I liked this a lot! Once again, doing the move while concentrating on my core makes it so much more interesting and challenging!! My reps were lower on some than others, just to make sure I had the right form.
    I held off on doing the bonus round cause I was tanked!!!
    His sis Kit is in great shape!!! Wow!!

One thing I love about this entire program is that I can travel with the discs and my workout bands and do every move in my hotel room!! I love this!!!! I will be traveling every week for the next 6 weeks and it is so great that he provided the alternate moves in a better manner than the original version!!!

Definitely looking forward to Recovery and Mobility tomorrow! Might try to throw in a light jog if it's not raining..
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I liked this workout too but I have a long way to go to be good at it!! I can't wait for tomorrow morning's Core workout... excited to see if I have improved. I will be doing this for five weeks and then take a recovery week before moving onto the next round.

I keep a daily update on my blog if you are interested in knowing more details about my struggles with Balance and Power ...

p90xtremetraining.blogspot.com
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVED This workout!!!! I'm still having some SERIOUS balance problems... however I did decide to blow up my stability ball a bit more and that really helped A LOT!!! I tried to take it a little bit easy (Friday night I came down with stomach bug! Yuck!) and I wasn't even sure if I was even ready to do this, but I'm glad I did!! Congrads to everyone for making it through week 1! I'm a little bit behind (from being sick!) but I'm going to do yoga tomorrow and then try to catch up with the rest of the workouts this week!!!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Rappala- I had to blow up my stability and med balls a lot more.. and I found it made it easier.. but I certainly still struggle with balancing on it though!

Yes, week one is done! :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I still need a needle pump for my medicine balls... I can't work with squishy balls!! I have to do that this week...
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Balance and Power done, week two, done! :)

It went well, the hardest move for me is the plank X crunch, I just lose my balance and don't get it right. I did better than last week, though, so that's what counts, right?

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but my husband and I are doing a long run.. he is on a running team but the long runs are open to anyone.. I will do anywhere from 5-8 miles.. it is supposed to be in the low teens though, so I will see how I am doing in the cold!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Just got done with Balance and Power week 2 ... I am loving this workout A LOT. I even got the crabby whatevers ;)

I pumped up my stability ball more today and it seemed to help. I think that I will have to do that before each workout if its even a tiny bit soft. I burned a TON of calories. and effectively have burned off not only breakfast but the Shakeology "snack" I had. Going to do Results and recovery and make a turkey burger with some carrots and avocado. Hopefully that eats up some calories. Wow ... did I say I love this workout?

Tomorrow is supposed to be rest or foam roller day. I will do some foam rolling tomorrow AFTER I do my hike in the morning. I'm back at it and want to keep the momentum going. Gotta get this extra 4lbs off! Maybe shoot for 135 ... who knows ;)
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Did not have a chance to do this yesterday. Home for 2 days and traveling again for 3 weeks.

GOing to knock this out later today.....
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Much improvement tonight on this. This is the testament to this Phase, each week you get stronger, do more reps, are less shakey feel more confident. This is why I am doing 1 more week of Phase 1. BRING IT PEOPLE.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Time to blow up the ball a little more. I'm a day off. Yesterday I did Balance and Power and today I did Core. It's getting better. I was able to do one half angel against the wall today during Core.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    well I hurt my shoulder during this workout today while doing the sphinx to plank on the stability ball.... i think i should have filled my ball up a little more as it felt a bit squishy when I started but I decided I wanted to just get to the workout and I would do it later.... bit mistake... my shoulder is KILLING ME!! I finished the workout however I had to modify A LOT of it because of my shoulder.... i'm going to ice it... foam roll it... and hope tomorrow I'm feeling better!! Note To Self: next time I think I need to blow up the ball... DON'T WAIT!!!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Uh oh, that stinks you hurt yourself! Hopefully it goes away quickly!

I did this for the last time yesterday, it went really well! I am behind, still have not done Total Body from Thur or Yoga from Fri, but my husband wanted to do balance and power so we did. I should be doing yoga right now, actually!

Looking forward to starting phase two tomorrow!