Day to Day Progress

Options
I started this topic so we could post to one topic every day. I know some of us are on different days of the workout...

I finished Total Body tonight dripping in sweat!!! This routine is freaking awesome!!! Of course, I am do some of the moves modified due to being in a hotel room!!! But let me tell you what...THE BANDS WORK!!!! LOL!!! I have a set with three colors that I can do individually or add them together or use all three. THey are pretty cool! And easy to travel with so no excuses!!!

I am still modifying the mule kicks burpees...but doesn't Dreya look so awesome doing them? JEALOUS!!!!

No Ab Ripper tonight cause I was too pooped!!! Will do it tomorrow before/after Yoga!!!

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am totally seeing improvement from week 1 to week 3 and am looking forward to week 4 then moving on into Phase 2. If anyone has started Phase 2 please PLEASE comment on it!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome that you are able to continue your workouts while away!

Dreya looks awesome doing every move! Lol

Is anyone noticing physical differences in their body? I think my core is a bit tighter and I feel a bit leaner in my chest/collarbone area, kinda weird spots though! not sure… I have a hard time noticing differences. I wish I took pics, never did in the beginning!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I didn't take pics either but I am noticing that my core form is better throughout especially in the plank poses. I am looking forward to doing Yoga tonight because of that fact. Yoga is much nicer when you have a tighter core. Those single, double, triples have been killer the last 2 weeks but really can't wait to get to that sequence tonight.

I also decided that in phase 2 I am going to move Recovery to the weekends and work straight through M-F for a couple of reasons; a) I like working out daily and having my weekends for cardio and b) I have a couple of things coming up where making this change makes sense for me.

Phase 3 looking at the program the mid week rest makes sense so I will keep it there. I think tonight I need to do some upper back shoulder smooth foam rolling. I am sore from push ups last night
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Just finished Yoga...After bashing it 2 weeks ago, I am going to take it back...I really enjoyed the workout today. The warrior 3 sequence is a killer for me tho. Had to put my leg down several times....However, I think the flow is better now that I have done it three times.

I took pics, but I am not looking at them until after next week. Will take measurements as well to see how much change (if any!!). I can't weight myself and know for sure if I have lost anything while I am traveling....scales very so much!!! However, my jeans are fitting so much better!!!!! So there is definitely something happening!

I think I will do one more week before going to Phase 2...
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am a couple days off on the program.... did total body today... only made it through half the workout before i had to get ready to go to work... i plan on trying to finish it tonight and do ab ripper.... we'll see i'm working a 12 hour day... not sure how I'll feel later tonight!! I am noticing changes already the workouts are getting easier, my pants fit better well everything fits better!!! I can't wait to see what my measurements are after this next week! I ran on my treadmill last night and I was able to run faster and longer than I could before I started which is great because I've got a goal to run a 5k beginning of may in under 34 - I did the same 5k last year at 36 - I am going to kill that time!!!!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of phase 1. Although I could still use some balance work. I'm ready to do some lifting!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of phase 1. Although I could still use some balance work. I'm ready to do some lifting!

I could probably stay in Phase one too (also on week 4) but I am losing interest and want a change ... so, I am moving on to a week of recovery/cardio with a sampling of phase 2 and then into phase two the following week.

What is everyone else doing for a recovery week? My recovery week will look like the following:

Monday: X2 Chest, Back & Balance
    Tuesday: Cardio X
    Wednesday: X2 Shoulders & Arms
    Thursday: Kenpo X
    Friday: X2 Back & Balance
    Saturday and Sunday: Family activity days

Keep pushing play and make it a great day!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    In looking things over tonight, I just realized that the schedule recommended about Phase 2 for about 3 to 6 weeks and I've done about 5 weeks so far. With my work schedule this week being favorable, I think I'm going to go ahead and switch over to Phase 3 as I'd like to see what the P.A.P. is about.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    In looking things over tonight, I just realized that the schedule recommended about Phase 2 for about 3 to 6 weeks and I've done about 5 weeks so far. With my work schedule this week being favorable, I think I'm going to go ahead and switch over to Phase 3 as I'd like to see what the P.A.P. is about.

Can't wait to hear all about it... keep us posted!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I had a forced week off last week due to dental issues. I am going to do week 4 starting today. While I am anxious to start Phase 2 I think that my body will benefit from the extra week of core. Keep posting people and for those of you completely skipped Phase 1 to go to Phase 2 at some point you should do Phase 1 it's not as "easy" as you think.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ohpiper- What did you think of phase 2? How were the workouts compared to the first one?

Karen- You know of people who skipped phase 1? Yikes, in doing it, I definitely realize now how it is important.. even watching chest and back last night, you can see how your core is utilized more so than the original X.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Yes, or people who only did 1 or 2 days or 1 week of Phase 1 and said that they thought it was boring and wanted to get into lifting. Anyway ... to each his/her own but I think skipping phase 1 is not smart.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I want to get to phase 2 but have decided to do a 5th week of phase 1. Mainly because I didn't rally push it last week and I'm going to Super Bowl this weekend. I'll start Phase 2 next week!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Yay Murf! We'll be on the same schedule!