So I'm not the only one huh? : )

Options
I've been on MFP since May and am just now learning about the groups! Wow. I was on the fast track with my weight loss when I joined. I lost 40 pounds in about 3 months. But then I moved back to Alaska, started working full time and going to school full time. I had little time to workout like I was before. At first I didn't gain weight but I certainly didn't loose any. And then....duh,duh,DOOOOONE.....finals. I gained about 5 pounds the first 2 weeks of December. And then......I broke my ankle. Great, juuuuuuuuuuuuuust GREAT! Doctor ordered me to sit with my foot propped for the first couple of weeks due to having surgery. I managed to avoid gaining weight but now I'm back to school and work, and still on crutches for the next month. This is the last semester of my senior year and I am taking 17 credits. This is GOING to be stressful. I won't be able to workout aggressively like I would normally do to avoid getting overwhelmed by stress. My 2012 goal is to have toned arms...aka "Big Guns" and I also fully intend to look Fit & Fabulous when I walk across the stage for graduation in April. I am thrilled to have found this group. I hope that I can lean on you all to get me through the stress eating. I shall walk away from the cookie dough and towards my fitness goals! Let's do this!

Replies

• JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ok so I'm thinking this is a very inactive group. Not much help or support to be found. hmmmmmm :sad:
  • curlac
    curlac Posts: 20
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You know once you are back on both feet you can pick up right where you left off. I know school can be very stressful. I would say just give yourself a break. I am also new to the whole group thing. This is the first group I joined. I am all about supporting and being supported.
  • RealChange31
    RealChange31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I've noticed that sometimes weekend posts get "missed", i.e. a lot of people don't check group posts over the weekends for some reason!
    For example, I just saw your post now because someone responded to you.

Welcome! and no, you are not the only one. Feel free to add me - I know ALLL about stress eating in university!! haha.

-Amber
  • melindac122
    Options
    Not to be too obnoxious, but you'll get big arms from the crutches. ;-)

It is hard with all the stuff you have going on. But take things one day at a time rather than think about the whole semester and all the weight you want to lose and, and, and, and.....sometimes stopping to take a breath is the hardest thing to do.

You can friend me if you want, I check in here daily. Hugs!!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm here, just in a bit of a struggle myself, you can do this, and I've been here OVER a year and still have just under 100 lbs to go. SIgh. Keep on going down the path!