Options
cjacole
cjacole Posts: 69 Member
I just signed up for 2 5K's with my good friend. It will be my first time. One in March and one in April :)

Replies

• dancingincircles84
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm thinking of doing a 5K this spring just to prepare myself for the triathlon I'm competing in in May.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    Cool! I need to start doing a little research and see if there's any of those in my area!
  • cjacole
    Options
    I just went to runlocator.com and type in your zip code
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I haven't signed up yet, but I am going to do the Shamrock Run in Portland on March 18. It's a 5k. Then I might do the Cinco de Mayo 5k.
  • cjacole
    Options
    Does anyone know the best equipment to buy for a run? Shoe brand? Under armor?
  • Ely160
    Options

Have you ever tried getting your foot fitted? I've read of a few people doing that and getting a shoe to fit their feet specifically. I just went to Foot Locker and got me some Nike's "Running Shoes". I like them.
  • Ely160
    Options
    I just went to runlocator.com and type in your zip code

Thanks! I found a few races held in this area that I'm actually considering to join!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Good Luck you guys! I think I will just stick with the program for now....since I can barely make it through that!!! LOL
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I have gotten my feet specially fitted/measured on one of those stride pressure machines (I forget the trade name) and I am a Brooks girl. They work best for my stride and somewhat flat feet. Izumis have worked well for me before too.

Try on a lot and jog around in them! :smile: