How alone are you?

Options
Sometimes when I get out of the shower I like to yell out "Hey honey, can you bring me a towel?l" Just to see how it feels, then I realise how alone I am. I then nearly slip over and break my legs six time as I walk across the tiles to get my own towel.

Replies

• Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I come home from a long day, open the door, say "honey I'm home", no answer. :( Than I remember I'm single and live alone.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    LOL I know the feeling. Would love to have someone cook me dinner when I've had a long day at work or draw me a hot bubble bath. I too realize how alone I am when I have to do that myself.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Whenever I check my cellphone to check for some messages like "Take care. I love you", "good morning honey" or "Have you eaten?" etc. then only to realize that I would never receive those messages again. :(
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I never do anything like what the previous posters suggest, but there are plenty of times when you realize that being single isn't all it is cracked up to be. There's a lot of times when you just feel like crud when you are single and not in a relationship.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    usually on the weekends if i'm sitting all alone watching tv. i HATE watching tv... it's a waste of time but now that i'm single, income is lower so i can't go out everyday. it's those days at home when i'm bored that i realize i'm all alone. Boo!
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I get out of the shower I like to yell out "Hey honey, can you bring me a towel?l" Just to see how it feels, then I realise how alone I am. I then nearly slip over and break my legs six time as I walk across the tiles to get my own towel.

That is both the sweetest and saddest thing I've read, mostly because I do it, too. :)vI hate freezing on my way from the shower to the linen closet when I forget my towel.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I never do anything like what the previous posters suggest, but there are plenty of times when you realize that being single isn't all it is cracked up to be. There's a lot of times when you just feel like crud when you are single and not in a relationship.

This.
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    In my group of friends there are 2 singles.....me and this girl that is soooo annoying. Friday night I went out with one of my married friends and we were talking about the annoying one. And she says to me I feel bad for you because I think she (the annoying one) clings to you because your single and the rest of us already have everything in our lives. WOW so just because I'm single my life is empty??? Thank You great friend for making me feel so empty :(
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have my daughters to get me a towel if I forget it lol. And to keep me company in general. The freedom of being single is greater than the companionship I'm missing....for now anyway.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    With my travel schedule, and living alone, I do spend a lot of time alone. I don't mind being alone. That said, I'll be the guy at the bar that starts the talk. But I don't feel alone as if it is a bad thing. It is a current state until I'm in some other state. I don't need someone to make me happy. I'll be glad to share my happiness with someone, when the right someone comes around.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't need someone to make me happy. I'll be glad to share my happiness with someone, when the right someone comes around.

My feelings EXACTLY!

Single sucks.....sometimes. It has a few advantages. I can go where I want, when I want and not have to answer to anyone...except to make sure my kids are taken care of. Like the other posters, I do have times where I miss the companionship and adult conversation. I'm not going to settle. When Mr. Right comes knocking, I'll know.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    With my travel schedule, and living alone, I do spend a lot of time alone. I don't mind being alone. That said, I'll be the guy at the bar that starts the talk. But I don't feel alone as if it is a bad thing. It is a current state until I'm in some other state. I don't need someone to make me happy. I'll be glad to share my happiness with someone, when the right someone comes around.

Amen
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love being alone, I would rather be alone and happy ten with someone and lonely! That being said...I do hate when I cant reach something (I am 5'2) or have an itch...And If the right one comes along I will welcome him with open arms LOL
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get lonely and think, my life would be so much better with a partner. Then I look at my sweet, precious, 3 year old son and think, nope, my life is better because of him. I think I like the idea of a relationship much more than the reality.

Mainly, I just miss sex. lol
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I don't really get lonely too often. I guess because I have a pretty active life. But I do miss living with someone to have sex with whenever.... tmi I know. I also miss not having someone to cook for or just to be there to watch movies with. Or on snowy days to go out and play in it or road trips! There are things I miss but other days I like to have me time.

But I much rather be alone then to be miserable with someone for the sake of not being alone. I already did that once and never again.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    How alone am I? I won't go out looking for love but if it stumbles across me thats ok. My 2 kids keep me busy and happy. Travel softball for my daughter and the movies with my son. Aw heck I'm just a big kid too.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Mainly, I just miss sex. lol

lol dont need a relationship to fix this one darling......
    I dont miss the relationship itself, I have my sister and my 2 kids with me so I'm not alone. But I do miss the little things. Thankfully I have good friends and they keep me company along with my sister.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    god i didnt think being single was so bad until i started reading some of these posts! made me miss some things! but on the better note i dont have to check in with anyone anymore haha
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love being alone, I would rather be alone and happy ten with someone and lonely! That being said...I do hate when I cant reach something (I am 5'2) or have an itch...And If the right one comes along I will welcome him with open arms LOL

For this reason I have a step stool! lol Although at the grocery store I did ask a tall stranger to help me out. :embarassed:
  • ChunkyFunkyMonkey
    Options
    I miss the cuddles, I also feel like **** when I can go all day and not get a single text msg or phone call from anyone. That really stings like a bi-atch.