Aussies - Best HRM?

Options
Hi All

Seriously wanting a good HRM to monitor my calories when doing the Just Dance on the Wii, or mowing the lawn, or cleaning the house etc.

Can anyone recommend a good brand/HRM that is sold in Australia?

Thanks in advance!

Kellie

Replies

• Merleygirl61
    Options
    Hi

I use a Polar FT7, and find its really good.

You can order them via their online store.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4, works a treat and is cute. I got it on special from Rebel Sport for $110
    If you decide to go the Suunto, don't get the M1 because the chest strap (so I've been told) is hard and uncomfortable, the M2 and above have the soft strap. :)
  • desertpea
    desertpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Garmin FR60, have tried it a few time and think its great.
  • LesleeAH
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 which I bought from the online store. It was only $100 and I think its great.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4, works a treat and is cute. I got it on special from Rebel Sport for $110
    If you decide to go the Suunto, don't get the M1 because the chest strap (so I've been told) is hard and uncomfortable, the M2 and above have the soft strap. :)

I also have this one and i find it great.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin. A bit more expensive, but totally worth it given all the extra features. Especially great if you want to go for walks/runs and watch your fitness and speed improve!
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions!!

I have my eye on the Polar FT7 - $110 saving $50.

Glad to hear everyone is happy with their HRM's.

I'd be interested to hear of the 'don't buy's' from people who have had bad experiences.
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 which I bought from ebay for $89. I love it and use it everyday!
  • Omi_16
    Omi_16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can't go past any of the Polar HRM. They are great.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Aussies!
    Anaconda has a special deal on at the moment. The Fitness Deal Package
    You get a pair of sports headphones, an MP3 armband, and a "Fluid" brand HRM all for $ 68~!!
    It's half price, on till March 14th.
    Go, Go, Go.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have a SUUNTO, ask questions about how to change the batteries in other models. I can change the batteries myself in mine, but I believe some brands you have to send them back to the US to have the batteries changed.

GG
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Bump
  • jasonkiely
    Options
    Polar FT80 here. Had it for about 3 years and love it. Works a treat... bought it from Jim Kidd in Perth.

A friend of mine has a CX200 for his bike which works great too.

Cant go past a Polar...
  • jasonga
    jasonga Posts: 13
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT4. It's okay, but I suspect it massively over-estimates my calories burnt, as it doesn't have the ability to set your resting heart rate. So whatever brand you get, I recommend you get one where you can set that value.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar FT7 and expect it to arrive any day now. Looking forward to getting more accurate readouts when exercising!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 ordered online from Amazon.com for a fraction of the cost I've seen locally... Fab and works out your resting heart rate and optimum zones x
  • medlicott68
    Options
    I recently got a polar FT7 and love it. I got it from a store on ebay for $90 inc. postage.
  • Nath07
    Nath07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 ordered online from Amazon.com for a fraction of the cost I've seen locally... Fab and works out your resting heart rate and optimum zones x

Do these HRM do your cals burnt too?