P90X and P90X2

Options
Anyone else love these programs as much as I do????

I've done P90X 4 rounds and just started P90X2 last week...

Lets get this topic going..

Cheers,

Replies

• forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I keep reading about these programs can someone share more what these are what type of exercises are these etc
  • jenskh
    jenskh Posts: 5
    Options
    I've done P90X previously and am now doing P90X2 (one week down). I took too long off in-between programs and am paying for it now.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could do them at my age. I don't jump (or even jog) any more... I tend to tear calf muscles... so I've never really considered them...
  • Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am finding P90X2 so far alot less strength training and more of the stability training...If you are on the fence about P90X..I suggest getting the new P90X2....Uses stability ball,foam roller and med balls in amost every exercise (video)...Now I am only on phase 1..maybe the 2nd and 3rd will be different with more strength training..In P90X, the first phase totally blasts your body with push ups and pull ups...

Another thing that is huge with P90X...YOU DONT need to go to a gym and pay fees...everything can be done with very little equipment..(if any)...DVD, TV and will power...get past the first couple of weeks and before you know it...your body changes..
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i do have an exercise ball video. even at level one I fall off on a couple of exercises... and I'm a pretty coordinated guy...
  • jenskh
    jenskh Posts: 5
    Options
    Echoing Muc730's comment, there is significantly less weight training in the Phase 1, although its just as hard and I'm still sweating like a pig when I'm done.

Is anyone doing the nutrition plan? I'm having a hard time planning a menu to get the levels of protein required in the fat burner plan. It looks like I need to adopt an Atkin's like diet for a few weeks.
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I purchased P90X last year and didn't commit and thus failed. I'm trying again but with training wheels. This time I'm doing the 'lean' program and doing 30 min sessions 3 or 4 times a week. It will take longer but my hope is I will reach a level of fitness where I can do the whole session six times a week. I enjoy it and Tony really does motivate me which is what I need some days. Insofar as the diet side I look at the foods as a grocery list and go from there and have had marginal success in doing that.
  • Muc730
    Options
    The nutrition from P90X is unrealistic...I tried to to follow it the when i did the program for the first time.. It bascially was full of food the average person just simple would not eat or go out of the way to prepare. I found that cutting things like grains back big time, potatoes and pasta. Eating lots of chicken and steamed veggies made the majority of my diet. Lots of salads with my dinners also helped me along. I ate baked salmon once a week as well as lean red meat once a week too.

Oh yah..the kicker for me was..I was having major carb hangover...those little Quaker Mini rice chips (sweet chilli, dill pickle) got me through the cravings. They were only 60 calories for 8 chips...They were my diet savour....

But the major thing was drinking lots of protein shakes.....

Cheers,
  • michaelinnc84
    michaelinnc84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am about 2 months in and have lost about 32 pounds so far. I am having a really hard time staying motivated on it though. I am also going to be starting C25k tomorrow.
  • Muc730
    Options
    I know its hard to stay motivated..however You just have to keep pushing play....Seriously..I never saw the most results untill the last phase..In total I was 197 lbs when I started the program and then went al the way down to 165...now I got lazy and gained lots back..but I also gained way more muscle...I have the healthiest at around 170-175..thats my new goal...

Goodluck and when your totally lost for motivation..just remember what you looked like at your heaviest..thats what I do..great motivator..Cheers

Even though you feel like stopping and not making progress..your still lapping the people sitting on the couch...
  • Muc730
    Options
    For those of you that are doing the programs...how is it going?...i am in my recovery week..which is hardly a recovery week as I am still finding myself working out some days twice a day..

Also I was going to mention..for those of you that find P90X hard ...you should really try the 10 minute trainer that Beachbody has out..Its a awesome way to start out..you really get a awesome workout in 10 mins..plus you can double them you once you feel up to it....Then I also suggest maybe doing Chalene or P90 before P90X....

anyways...This site is awesome..The weight for me is shredding off...its amazing how just tracking what you eat helps...

Cheers,
  • scubahsteve69
    scubahsteve69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't want to stray off topic, but I started Insanity a week ago. Holy crap...it is insane!

I did 3 weeks and some "life crap" came up and dropped out. I really liked what I was doing with P90X, but as events would have it, I just never got back to "pushing play". Two things led me to Insanity...one, I have a slight rotator cuff issue and thought that would interfere with dumb bell sections as well as the pull ups, and two, I no longer have a door way to attach my pull up bar to in the room I work out in. I keep telling myself to not stop the Insanity (oxymoron? lol), but damn, it's tough. I'm not in good shape as it is, but I've been doing the program at my own pace taking breaks when needed.

But back to P90X, it's a great program! As mentioned, since I'm not in the best shape ever, I thought about starting Power 90 as well. However reading reviews they state that it's horribly narrated and the exercises are boring and monotonous. Thoughts?
  • Muc730
    Options
    Yah...its a bit boring for sure..It does build you up to get ready for P90X.As for insanity..My wife and I started the program but never finished..It was fantastic and I loved it...But I was more of the push up and pull up guy..so I bonked after the first month and went back to P90X....

You know, I am starting phase two for P90X2 and I reallly suggest that program over all the others....It works way more core muscles which we all know is the foundation of working out...
    I dont think I will ever not do P90X or P90X2 now..I am just way to adicited to working out at home....Cheers..
  • Muc730
    Options
    Ok..Take what I said and scrap it...Cause when I said P90X2 was easier..Well I was bull****ting..I just finished Chest + Back + Balance w/ X2 Ab Ripper.....and well lets see...Push ups then Pull Ups..then Push Ups then Pull ups.....Oh and repeat as stated over and over and over...OMFG I am dead.....Great exercise...but man am I wiped....Just thought i would post this as I never saw that coming....

Cheers,

Keep pushing play !!!
    - Tony Horton
  • jenskh
    Options
    Literally laughed out loud. I've done 4 weeks of Phase 1 and feel I'm ready to start phase 2 tomorrow morning.
  • Muc730
    Options
    good luck with the next phase...its really not as bad as I made it out to be....i am surprisly not sore from the chest + back workout.....I thought I wouldn't be able to move...

Cheers,
  • corystemp
    Options
    I did the first p90X a couple years ago. I have been doing P90X2 now and am in my 2nd week. Lost 3 pounds my first week. I dont seem to be getting as good of cardio workout this time around that I did the first time, but its very hard in a different way. I'm addicted to it though.
  • corystemp
    Options
    I am about 2 months in and have lost about 32 pounds so far. I am having a really hard time staying motivated on it though. I am also going to be starting C25k tomorrow.

My wife started out doing the C25K and she loved it!
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    I've been doing the workouts in the morning and only registering 300 calories burned on my HRM. I go do cardio after work and I can easily pull 600 calories in the same amount of time. Is my body just not tuned up enough early in the mornings? I am also on blood pressure medication I take before I go to bed, and I think that could be suppressing my HR. I feel as though I am doing my best to keep up with Tony, Blam, and the crew, but I would like to get more bang for my buck calorie wise. I wonder if I'm better off staying in bed and working out when my HR will stay higher.
  • Muc730
    Options
    I would think that there is nothing wrong..I say that cause the P90X workouts are more strength training then cardio. I find the same as you..when I do the P90X workouts my HR and calorie burn are less...but remember you are building muscle and working on stablitly.. With the excemption of plyometrics and cardio x, I do get good burns from them...Seriously if you want to get the heart rate up and stay at home...get 'insanity'...now that will get the HR and carlories going....alot less strength stuff however..

Cheers,