Week 1 questions

Options
Post any questions you have about Six Weeks to Skinny Jeans week 1

Replies

• PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I followed the calculation in the book to figure out how many calories I should be eating to lose weight, and it came out at under 1300. this sounds low.....is this normal? Did I do something wrong?
  • HI..!
    No, because it's not taking into account any exercise you are doing. If you are worried about eating too few calories, go by the numbers given here on MFP. They are taking into account your age, height, weight, activity and ongoing calorie burn. I would set the weight loss goal to around 1.5 to 2 pound per week when asked. It might still have you around 1200 -- but that's without you doing any exercise for the day. Good luck! <3
    Amy
  • kelclutter
    Options
    Needed some suggestions or ideas for breakfast in the first few weeks, I typically eat breakfast at work and rarely havetime ot make eggs etc. before leaving the house. Any suggestions, recipes or ideas on things I can take to go or even non egg items to eat for breakfast. Thanks!
  • tjdonithan
    Options
    Question ... when doing the different exercise routines in your book, Blast, Firm and Burn, how should those exercises be entered into MFP? I completed the Blast this evening and ended up entering it as Calisthenics. Would that be correct?
  • tjdonithan
    Options
    Question ... when counting the 8 glasses of water, I'm assuming that a cup of tea does not count towards that goal? Wanted to check.
  • You can make the Skinny Minis and take them with you to work. I normally bake mine the night before. You could also do some cottage cheese with veggies. Pre-make eggs with chopped veggies and cheese. I will be posting more breakfast recipes soon.
  • Nope, we are counting water as water... so tea doesn't count. The first three weeks is all about flushing out your system and learning discipline. So the tea is okay, but you still need to fill up on the water. :-) Amy
  • I normally log the SWTSJ workouts as:

Blast: Circuit or weight training
    Firm: Pilates
    Burn: interval or Calisthenics.

Amy
  • tjdonithan
    Options
    Amy ... Thank you, thank you and thank you!
  • kelclutter
    Options
    Thank you!
  • You are more than welcome. :heart:
  • You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • Megs890
    Megs890 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there!
    Just wondering if there are any recipes for breakfasts that don't include eggs? I'm not really the biggest fan of them, especially not all the time.
  • You could do Canadian Bacon wraps. Take lettuce leafs - put some non-fat refried beans in them along with some of the bacon. You can get creative as you like with breakfast - staying within the plan. You could also take the bacon and roll them up with some low-fat laughing cow cheese. You could do cottage cheese with sliced veggies. Hope that helped. I will work on getting a Non-egg recipe up on the site soon. <3 Amy
  • Megs890
    Options
    Hi again,
    Just wondering, where does granola fit into the diet? I don't see it anywhere and was wondering if I can have granola bars during the ignite phase?
  • HI Megs,
    I would watch the granola bars they are normally really high in sugars and REALLY high in fat. I would wait until melt to have them, if you need a quick snack. :-) Amy
  • bamababe42
    Options
    According to Myfitneespal I am over on my protein every day but under in everything else is this a bad thing?
  • bamababe42,
    For right now just watch the calories and drink... drink... drink... that water. Amy
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I just started the challenge yesterday, I'm really excited to get healthy. I just feel like my calorie goal is super high. I'm 23, 5'8, 170lbs, stand all day at work, lightly active -active with an athletic build. Your book's calculation says I should be eating around 2000 calories daily to LOSE weight and 2500+ to maintain (not that I'm complaining, the more food the happier me! lol) But every other source tells me to stay around 1200-1300 so I'm not sure which goal to stick with. Suggestions?
  • SixWeeksToSkinnyJeans
    Options
    What's in the book is the very most generic form. Set your goals here on MyFitnessPal and then go by those. They are taking into account your age, weight, gender and activity level. Go get'um...! :wink: Amy