Actually starting on 1/26/2012

Options

Replies

• skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Started on 01.23.12. Tonight will be level 1, day 3. I plan to power through 30 days straight. PLAN being the key word. Keep up the great work everyone! We can do it!
  • molove67
    molove67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the program again on 1/23/12, today will be day two. I am strating out slow so I do not burn out. I have done this program before and it really does work. My daughter even noticed my legs and commented on them, mind you she is in her early twenties. Unfortunately, all the hard work I put in has gone to waste now. My boss retired, got a new boss and concentrated more on my job and others than myself and have gained all the weight back. I am slowly getting back on track. Everyone keep up the hard work and it will pay off!1
  • zombelina
    zombelina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Shredders and Shredettes!

I did my first workout yesterday (24/1/12... I'm from the UK, so my dates are all backwards ;) )and second today... Also doing C25K, but just finished week 2 of that so I'm hoping that and 30DS together will help me shift my 'mum tum'!

I took my measurements and before pics today too... scary stuff looking at pics of me in my undies! I've got a bum like a sack of potatoes :/

Anyhoo.. looking forward to making this epic journey with a few other people. My husboond just laughs at me flapping about, so it'll be good to have some people to share the pain with!
    Heather
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred too. How often are you'll doing it? Am going to try to follow Jillian's weekly plan of 2 day shred, 1 day off, 2 day shred, 1 day aerobics, 1 day off. Not sure that ican stick to that with my kids, but am going to try. I've hit a plateau and really need to break through soon.
  • zombelina
    Options
    I'm aiming to do it 6 days a week. I'm starting a pilates class in a few weeks, so will be doing a pilates dvd on sundays to brush up on my stretching.

It'll be interesting to see which kills me first through, C25k or 30DS!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Wow, it looks like you guys are powering through this. Just the motivation that I need. I am going to try to do a straight 30 days to build up the habit of working out again as it has been a while and I never worked out to a Jillian Michaels video before. For those who just started, are you using any weights? If so, do you recommend starting out with something lighter than 5lb weights or no weights and building up to 5lbs?

Thanks.
  • Fitnessjill1
    Fitnessjill1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS on and off for the last 5 weeks. Gonna do daily now for 30. Thanks for the group. Will count today 1-25-12 as day 1.
  • busym0m
    Options
    I'm using 3 lb weights. Unless you have strong arms, I'd suggest starting with less than 5 lbs. after the first couple of days, I could definitely feel it.
  • aunnied
    Options
    Started 30D shred yesterday 1/24. I attempted this about a year ago and was doing every day until I developed severe pain and swelling in my knee and had to stop. I think it was the high impact jumping jacks and butt kicks that were the problem. I'm trying again now, but modifying as follows: Doing every other day to allow some recovery--I'm doing another workout on off days; I do low impact jumping jacks, and replace butt kicks with knee lifts. I'm modifying squats and lunges and not going all the way down. I did for the first time last night and honestly with all the modifications I didn't really feel like I had exerted myself much. I"m not sore today. I used 3 lb and 5 lb weights. I just don't want to blow out my knee which I already have constant pain in, so I'm trying to protect it. But I like the 30 day Shred so its a dilemma. I hate feeling like I can't work out hard! I'll give it a try though and see what happens. Maybe I can pump it up a notch if all goes well!
  • Ms_B_Haven
    Ms_B_Haven Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also starting my workout tomorrow...lets do this all together!!!
  • skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use 4lb weights for now. After a few reps, I start to feel the burn, especially the anterior raises!!

At the gym, I had been doing weight lifting with heavier weights, usually 10 lbs or so. But I was also 1) going every OTHER day and 2) alternating days with arms and legs. The 4 pounders work great for me right now. I feel sore, but not completely burnt out.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So I just did level 1 day 1, my first time trying this ever. I thought I was going to die. I can't do pushups at all and my pecs are sore now. At least it's over for today though.
  • zombelina
    Options
    I don't actually have any proper weights yet.... So am using a torch and a butternut squash!! They way about 2.5lbs... I'm going to stick with them for now as I have noodle arms!

May invest in some proper weights for level 2 though. But only because I want to eat the squash!!
  • Adelarose34
    Options
    Day 2 of 30 day shred, and let me tell ya, my body hurts, but I am totally motivated to get through this part. I've already lost weight! I'm planning to do this for 7 days, then move on to Step 2. Oh and I am starting with 2lb weights since my arms are noodles, but my upper body hurts more than my legs do! I'll eventually move up, but for now, this really works for me.
  • Adelarose34
    Options
    You can do it! Keep it up! :happy:
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Finished L1D1 and was winded halfway through, but I pushed on. The stretch at the end was definitely welcomed.

1454934.png
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    L1D2 here. The moves were a teeny bit easier today, but I think that's because I knew what to expect. My thighs are really sore and it hurt to do the moves but I still did it. I tried not to overdo it though. I don't want to burn out. 2 more days and then I'll take a break for a day.
  • laurenkc10
    laurenkc10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Halfway through Week one!!! I feel stronger actually, but pretty sore.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Finished L1D4 and it is getting easier, but I am losing motivation to continue straight through. I guess I'm getting bored of the same routine without being able to mix it up. Today was hard for me to not actually ditch the 30DS for some other form of cardio/strength, but I pushed through. Does anyone else feel that way?
  • busym0m
    Options
    I follow Jillian's online plan. I do 2 days of shred, 1 day of cardio...my choice, 1 day rest, 2 days of shred, and 1 day of rest. It's supposed toe better for your odd so that it can heal and not get used to a routine. The added advantage is that it doesn't get quite as boring and routine.