Hi Mommas!!

Options
Hello! I am new to the group and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a busy working mom/wife of, just one little toddler, but some days it feels like 10. =) With all the responsibility of a child, work and home, it's hard to find time to dedicate to fitness, but with a community such as MFP, it makes it easier to want to do the exercises and diets since others are watching you!

I weighed 145 pre pregnancy and topped out at 200 delivery day. I did everything right, ate right, exercised, etc. And still gained the weight. That's the norm in my family however. A year and half into motherhood I am down to 169, with my ultimate goal of 145 again. I am looking forward to meeting some other moms out there for support and encouragement, as well as myself encouraging you! Feel free to add me and LETS DO THIS MOMMAS!!!!!

Replies

• amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi CountryMomma! I joined MFP yesterday and I am looking for encouragement and support also!!!! I have 4 kids and work part time over nights so I feel you on finding time for fitness can be diffucult. I have a gym membership and dvd's at home and a track across the street and decided no more excuses. So here I am. Would appreciate any support and encouragement :happy:
  • peggiekramme
    peggiekramme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group; I'm on this site to watch what I eat daily. I'm 47 and decided to do a triathalon April 30. Being 40lbs over weight I am eager to lose it by counting calories and with the help of my new ifit program I purchased for my treadmill (aka clothes rack). I cleaned off the clothes, put them in the closet last week and started the ifit level I. Jillian Micheals wasn't my favorite person but I am getting use to the work out, especially since after 6 days I am down one size; 18 down to a 16, woohoo! I'm sure my triathalon finish won't be a pretty one, I just want to finish!! And hopefully by the end of the season, I won't be one of the last place finishers!! I have two of my four children pushing me to train and they plan on doing the races with me. I'm so excited!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi--I'm Dani, new to this group, but have been fluttering around MFP for a little while. I am so ready to not be the fat mom anymore! I'm ready to find my inner vixen--the last time I saw her was in college! I'm tired of all of my clothes having a "--teen" after the number (ie: 8-teen, 6-teen) or a big W (ie: 20W, 22W). Dammit--I want to be able to walk into a store, see something I like and buy it, right off the rack, without moaning and groaning about how they don't make cute clothes in MY size. I will never be a size 2--I'd be happy with a 10-12. I need all the motivation and support that I can get. In exchange, I will be your cheerleader too, always in your corner, sometimes giving you the kick in the *kitten* that you need!
    Love you all!
    Dani
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to find my inner vixen

Love This!
  • tobenjoy
    Options
    Hi there! My name is SJ and I just joined the group today. I have been on MFP for awhile but have made the commitment to make it a priority. I have had 3 kids in 5 years and my body/weight is a mess. I have done anything and everything and finally get it really has to be a lifestyle change.My youngest is 9 months and I am finally making the time to take care of me. I am dedicated to the hardwork and discipline it is going to take. I am excited to take this journey with all of you!