Very Heavy Flow

BerylX
BerylX Posts: 108 Member
I kinda feel a little weird posting this, but my period had always been on the heavy side.
Then one month 4 years ago and ever since then, it was and has been unbelievably heavy like I`m talkin' 2 pairs of underwear both with 3 pads lining them at once kinda heavy, then not making it to break time at school.
So...I bought depends type underwear, and that`s what I wear now for my period. Pads just don`t cut it anymore.
Anyone out there like this too or am I all alone?

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I'd see your doctor about that. It sounds serious. Bleeding that much could lead to anemia. Are you feeling faint or weak more than normal during your period?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'd see your doctor about that. It sounds serious. Bleeding that much could lead to anemia. Are you feeling faint or weak more than normal during your period?

I second the Doc idea.

It could be endometrios.. which can lead to problems later on.

You're not alone though.. my flow, while heavy before i went on B/C wasn't that heavy.. but I was soaking through a pad every like 2 -3 hrs it seemed like.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    I agree with the doc too. Very high chances you're anemic from the blood loss. Also you may have a fibroid or other medical condition. Docs used to do hysterectomies a lot, but there are lots of treatments now. I had, my fibroid treated without surgery and it was a world of difference.

In the meantime, I swear by the diva cup. It holds a lot more than a tampon and pad combined.
  • tpomeroy727
    tpomeroy727 Posts: 11 Member
    I will ditto the visit to your doctor. I've suffered with heavy flow for 2-3 years and my doctor finally gave me a medicine sample to try (Lysteda). It realllllly helped with the flow and also reduced the intensity of my cramps. Down side: it's freaking expensive (like $165/month) so I'm not able to take it. Thus, I continue to suffer each month. Maybe it can work for you, though.

13665451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Definitely see your doctor. That heavy of a flow is not normal.