Day 3 complete!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I did day 1 on Monday. It went pretty well though I had to take breaks during the cardio. I was all over the strength and abs though :-) It was a great workout and very similar to a class i used to take (though that was only once or twice a week).

Day 2 on Tuesday. I was sore. I couldn't imagine how I was going to do it AGAIN. But I did! I still had to take breaks during the cardio, though perhaps slightly less. I couldn't do the full second set of push ups either, due to the sore muscles. The final bicycle crunches nearly killed me and I went slower than I would have liked. But hey, I DID IT.

Day 3 on Wednesday. Wow. Muscles were screaming all day. I started my day with Motrin and was walking like an 80 year old. I wasn't sure how I would be able to do it tonight, or if I'd be able to do everything. It went WAY better than expected though. I still took breaks during cardio, but surprisingly FAR LESS. Really, I almost made it through the cardio. I may have taken 2 or 3 tiny breaks before (like skipping say 3 jumping jacks) and this time took only 1 for the cardio. I also wasn't huffing and puffing after JUST the warm up LOL. Still weaker on the push ups than I'd like, but I did better than yesterday on them. So YAY ME!

I've really noticed the very targeted muscle groups being sore. I can completely understand which exercise was the one that made it hurt LOL. I will push myself a bit harder tomorrow night and really try to get through the cardio with no breaks. Might take a couple more days to get there though. I will probably start next week with 5 lb weights instead of the 3 lb ones. I should probably go and buy 4 lb ones but oh well.

I'm really proud of myself for doing this. I am not thin and not fit. I really need to lose about 60 more pounds, though with my PCOS and Hashimotos it's very unlikely I could actually get there (my goals are basically to get out of the obese range of BMI). I did take before pictures, but don't think I'll be sharing them.

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    Options
    Oh also...I plan to do this every day for 30 days. I am going on a trip next week to visit my sister and Jillian is coming with me! Now if I can just keep my eating under control while I'm there LOL.

I took my measurements before I started and after just 3 days...I swear I've lost almost an inch and half off my midsection (a few inches above my natural waist - the biggest part of my torso). I can't imagine how that's possible, but that's what the tape measure says! I suppose I could have measured wrong on my 'before'. Odd thing is, my waist and hips are half an inch bigger than my before measurements LOL.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I find measuring to be somewhat corrupted. Unless you measure in the exact same place while your were standing the exact some way as before then your measurements are a little off. That's why I don't measure very often, but since I'm doing this 30DS then I'll measure at each level to see how much damage or progress I've made.
  • kdjcella
    Options
    I also did day 3 last night and if it wasn't for my hubby, I would not have done it. It was hard but I finished and I was so happy.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    L1D5-COMPLETED!!!:drinker: All i can say is Glad It's Done For Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exercise.png
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!! I'm just about to do day 4 and I'm the same, I can feel my endurance getting better - I don't feel like dying after the cardio any more! Well, ok, I feel less like dying! lol
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to doing the workouts :-)
  • tracy1727
    tracy1727 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 4 will begin for me when I get off work. I look forward to that music that comes on when I know its "coooooool down" time :)
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down, v happy with myself. What supporting exercise is everyone doing, if any?
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Day 4 down, v happy with myself. What supporting exercise is everyone doing, if any?

None LOL. Just doing this is enough for me. It's replacing my treadmill workout that burns the same number of calories. And that one was working well for me, so I think this is more than enough :-)

And now you know why I only lose one pound a week LOL.
  • SheilaS95
    Options
    Day 3 done! (skipped Tuesday due to strength training at the gym ... probably going to continue 30DS daily now even if I do strength elsewhere)
    I'm also doing strength training and cardio at the Y 3-5 times a week (using their new MobileFit program so I can learn all the weight machines). I also try and do a 45 minute pilates class on Monday, 1 hour spin class Wed & Fri, and Tues/Thurs is 30-60 minutes on an elliptical, ARC, AMT, or jog/walk around the track or outside. Trying to get back into my routine of an outside run/walk on the weekend.
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day4 completed! I am feeling better each time - jump rope still hurts the calves a little but getting better. Not loosing my breathe as easily anymore either! That`s a plus in itself.
    On the side, I do exercise from a variety of PS3 / DVDs I have, also some classes that I have found posted on the internet. I also do belly dancing, and Zumba - when I can. : )