How many push ups in a set do you do?

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
The first set, I get 12 to 13 in. The second set, only 7 or 8. Just curious!

Replies

• h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have never counted but I do the modified aka girly push-ups! I am not strong enough (YET) to do very many regular ones.
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I havnt counted yet either but tomorrow day 5 i will so i can track
    my progress. I still do the girly push ups too..my upper body strength
    Is non existant but after this i hope i can drop down on command and do
    12 real pushups in a set
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Oh yes, I do the girly ones LOL. It's not really about which ones you do, but about how hard you're working. And I am working HARD to do the girly ones! Ouch....
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I'd be curious to see someone like Jillian who is super fit do push ups with 75 lbs. of weight strapped to her back. So she can be like me LOL.
  • lvnaris
    lvnaris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I try to do -at least- 10 per set, but yesterday I almost collapsed after doing 3 in the second set. I took a little break and kept going, though. I really, really want to improve my upper body strength!
  • kellymcampbell
    Options
    I do them on my knees too, and an arou d 14 and 8 as well. In the summer of 2010, before I got sick and stopped exercising I was up to 23 regular ones (aka not on knees)!!!
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I could only do 10 girly ones the first day and I noticed it was harder the following days...i thought it was suppose to get easier, lol
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do 17 modified ones the first time and 12 the second time. I think after day 5, I will try to do regular push-ups and see how I do.
  • SheilaS95
    Options
    I did 22 modified the first set, but only can manage 12-14 for the second set. I've never been able to do pushups like that before, however I've been working on the strength training machines at the Y the last two months, so it may have helped (that and mind over matter! my arms are SHAKING at the end of each set!)