BIPOLAR

Options
:happy:

Hi,

Searching for friends that are bipolar as well to help on my weight loss journey, It's hard to make friends, especially when someone finds out you have this disorder, Add me and I will help you along the way as well.

Thanks

waynesmom052806

Replies

• Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think it's great to have a support system in place /because/ we're bipolar. We do have special challenges sometimes because of our bipolar. So absolutely, I'm here for you.
  • cherokeetracey
    Options
    hi there.
    i'm bipolar too, and am on the weight loss train too.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am one as well. It's just something I have to live with the rest of my life. I chose not to be on medication b/c I know with diet and exercise, I can try and tame it the best I could.
  • riaketty
    riaketty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am borderline and bipolar. I would love to have/get some support too.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i've been on a roller coaster with my bi polar. since i was diagnosed ten years ago, i've gained 80lbs, lost 40, then gained another 60. even though i take medication that promotes weight gain, i still think i can conquer this with the support of my family and hopefully friends i meet here.

i'm a really good listener :)

et
  • kelliemackey36
    Options
    Hi me too, nice to be trying to accomplish weight loss and talk to people who experience some of the same issues. I am on epilum and am doing my best to not touch the sleeping pills as they whack me out too much and dull my motivation.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I am not bipolar. However, I have very unstable moods and high anxiety, which almost labels me as a bipolar. The only mood stabilizer I've found is actually my birth control pills.
  • cherokeetracey
    Options
    i hate the meds that make you gain weight. i gained 2 stone with my last lot. am trialling some meds at the moment but these make me have hot flushes when im out in public
  • bipolaroutloud
    Options
    This looks like a good group! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I've been diagnosed with bipolar for 10 years now and I'm finally doing some good things that are working! I used Olanzapine on a couple occasions and I have gained 50 pounds because of it. I've been off of it now but have not taken the time and effort to lose the weight till now. I'm finally getting me body back! I also wanted to mention that I have a pretty popular blog I write about bipolar and living healthy if anyone wants to check it out. I try to put as much good info in there and tons of real life experiences. Check it out!

http://bipolaroutloud.com/
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    It's been seven years for me since my initial diagnosis. I have lost 83 pounds (brought on by medication) in the past few years. I lost the initial 60 in five months, so there is hope! Aside from that, I find that exercise really is a vital part of my treatment plan. Definitely here for you if you need it!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am not bipolar. However, I have very unstable moods and high anxiety, which almost labels me as a bipolar. The only mood stabilizer I've found is actually my birth control pills.

It sounds like PMDD could be the culprit behind your mood and anxiety problems if the pill helps even you out. The pill makes me crazed. Haha. It's tricky being off it, but it helps my bipolar significantly.
  • hm_day
    Options

It sounds like PMDD could be the culprit behind your mood and anxiety problems if the pill helps even you out. The pill makes me crazed. Haha. It's tricky being off it, but it helps my bipolar significantly.

I have heard of PMDD and always sort of figured that I had it. However, would that also explain the moods when I'm not nearing or on my period?
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I have heard of PMDD and always sort of figured that I had it. However, would that also explain the moods when I'm not nearing or on my period?

what pill are you on???
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Me too, as well as Borderline. I don't allow myself to stigmatize myself, but it does make it hard. I just joined and am suffering couch lock. suggestions for starting are welcome ;)
  • hm_day
    Options

what pill are you on???

I'm on Tri-Sprintec.
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    It's been seven years for me since my initial diagnosis. I have lost 83 pounds (brought on by medication) in the past few years. I lost the initial 60 in five months, so there is hope! Aside from that, I find that exercise really is a vital part of my treatment plan. Definitely here for you if you need it!

want the meds you are on!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ingrid and I am bipolar.. Been fighting both mental physical problem. It sucks cause I go to the gym and push hard to escape reality. Then also put that mask on on like nothing wrong. I find by getting on treadmill I can escape the real world for a while but then something else steps in and causes problems. How to deal with something like this??:sad: :angry:
  • sdavi619
    sdavi619 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with bipolar and was completely stunned by this. I always thought that it was just anxiety and depression that I was suffering from and nothing more. I'm having a hard time dealing with it actually so it would be great to have others to talk to about it :)
  • bipolaroutloud
    Options
    Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with bipolar and was completely stunned by this. I always thought that it was just anxiety and depression that I was suffering from and nothing more. I'm having a hard time dealing with it actually so it would be great to have others to talk to about it :)

It doesn't have to be a scary thing. I've been diagnosed for 13 years and it has definitely been a journey that I'm still on. I think I finally found a good medication combo after all these years. If you want to talk more, you can add me as a friend, I'm happy to talk to others, especially newly starting the journey. I have a blog about bipolar that you may find interesting: bipolaroutloud.com. It's good to see you on an exercise and health site though, working out and eating right has been VERY beneficial in managing symptoms and episodes for me and many others I've talked to.
  • jan1755
    jan1755 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also bipolar, officially diagnosed about ten years ago I have Putin about 25 pounds due to this illness and the medication. My pdoc has worked with me through the years to change or adjust the meds and I have lost about 15 pounds. At the moment, I a seriously fixated on weight loss. My Fitness Pal looks like it might actually work. I am also looking for some friends as I make my weight loss journey to keep me motivated and whom I can support. Thanks