Too much protein.

Options
loribenfield
loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
Can we really eat too much protein? I notice I am over on protein every day lately. Is that bad? I am still under on calories.

Replies

• risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I would quess NO. Never has my nutritionist said too much is bad. Are you just post-op, or pre-op? As I went into Pre-Op, I was told to get as close to 100g protein as possible. Now I'm post-op, and I am struggling to get close to 80 on a liquid diet. I may be wrong, but the only thing I can see that would happen, would be sluggish/hard bowels - so drink EXTRA water.
    Maybe someone else has a better perspective.:ohwell:
    Christine
  • baldomen
    Options
    I am just over a year post op.
    As long as you are getting more than just protein you should be fine, just be aware that some of the byproducts of eating mostly protein is stronger orders from natural body activities. I would look at getting a "no carb" fiber pill into your routine, as well as drinking lots of water and maybe a gas pill.

i have always been high on my protien intake and those are some of the things i have done to keep my body in check, and thanks to this site have discovered some of the things that I have been doing to sabotage reaching my goal. Soft foods have killed me, well high calorie soft foods.

Hope this helps.
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I never realized how things add up with food. I eat a lot of protein. I will look into the fiber pills. I do not want to be backed up. :smile:
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I never realized how things add up with food. I eat a lot of protein. I will look into the fiber pills. I do not want to be backed up. :smile:

Try Benefiber powder or some of the chewable tablets. Some of the pills are gigantic.