on the run breakfast ideas?

Options
I've found myself on the run and not having great breakfasts the last couple of days.

I grabbed an Atkins daybreak bar today, but does anyone have quick solutions they use when they are on the run?

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey

Try breakfast frittata muffins:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/muffin-frittatas/

You can make a batch and keep them in the fridge for a few days. You cna mix up the ingredients with your favourites like sausage, chorizo, smoked salmon, peppers, herbs, mushrooms.

or 60 second microwave muffins (See the thread) in chocolate, coconut, mocha or lemon. Or you could make a plain one using the bread method and fill it with bacon or sausage.
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I had some cottage cheese and a SF jello because I couldn't be bothered with eggs...it filled me up for a little while :)
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I understand :) my challenge is when I haven't left myself time to cook breakfast.

I was thinking I could make myself a lettuce wrap the night before when I know I'm running in the morning.
  • LeeSee1027
    LeeSee1027 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I run out the door with an Atkins shake and a straw.
  • Chicagolopez
    Chicagolopez Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How about a protein shake.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I understand :) my challenge is when I haven't left myself time to cook breakfast.

I was thinking I could make myself a lettuce wrap the night before when I know I'm running in the morning.

Quite often, any proteins left over from the night before's dinner, will go right into a lettuce-wrap, or I use the Joseph's Low-carb pita pockets and make a quick wrap... still very healthy, low on the carb counts and only using fresh ingredients.

Otherwise, I plan ahead and make sure meals are ready...
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey

Try breakfast frittata muffins:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/muffin-frittatas/

You can make a batch and keep them in the fridge for a few days. You cna mix up the ingredients with your favourites like sausage, chorizo, smoked salmon, peppers, herbs, mushrooms.

or 60 second microwave muffins (See the thread) in chocolate, coconut, mocha or lemon. Or you could make a plain one using the bread method and fill it with bacon or sausage.

+1 to this. There are a lot of recipes online if you Google "low carb egg muffins." I used to add flax meal to mine just to get that extra fiber in the morning!

I personally eat Friggo cheese sticks in the morning. Quick and easy. 2 sticks of mozzarella has 12 protein.
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks - I am back on track and planning ahead. :)