STARTING EXTREME SHED AND SHRED

Hello! Still waiting on Jillian in the mail...ordered the extreme shed and shred....but now I'm worried that it's not as effective as the 30 day shred??!! Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!
Jen

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    I would say that 30 Day Shred was the best because I really understand the moves and have done them in settings where a coach showed me how to do them correctly. I actually still feel the most sore on days when I do 30 Day Shred level 1 because I can do it well.

Extreme Shed and Shred has 2 parts. She asks you to consider doing both back to back, if you do, then it is probably very effective. Thus far I have done part 1 only and it does not feel as difficult. I think it will be good to mix it in there just for variety. I love 30DS but can get bored, so I mix in others. I also run, bike, rollerblad on days that I don't do her videos.

Here are my thoughts on her videos:

30 day shred, ripped in 30, and extreme shed are pretty similar (the last one being a bit longer) and my favorites. The have the mix of cardio, strength, abs
    NMTZ is great for days that I don't do cardio. It is really hard but I just do 25 minutes at a time. It is intense strength training.
    BFBM is too long of cardio in a dvd for me, I'd rather run, bike, swim, skate on a day I'm going to do that much cardio.
    6 pack abs was too hard for me, only tried it once and didn't finish.
    Buns of steel, or something like that, I didn't buy because I think it will be like 6 pack abs
    Yoga meltdown is pretty good but I hardly do it becaue I am not too familiar with yoga and feel like I have to look at the tv too much
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    I can't give you feedback on it yet but i just got mine from amazon today and would love a shredding / shedding buddy. Let me know if you want to give it a go together.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    I have Extreme Shed and Shred and found that I dont really like it as much as all of her other videos. Its a fusion workout so she she combines kickboxing with martial arts and yoga which is great but when she switches it up it gets my heart rate down too much so Im not burning as many calories. Some parts are challenging, like the traveling burpees but I feel like I get more out of 30 day shred.

And I have done BOTH of shed and shred back to back for 90 minutes and still felt like it wasnt that great of a DVD as her others are.

Hope that helps.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    This is great advice! Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answers :happy:
  • jenjoycrooks
    jenjoycrooks Posts: 6 Member
    Yes!!! Let's do it! I just started this morning, so we'll pretty much be on the same page! :)
  • jenjoycrooks
    jenjoycrooks Posts: 6 Member
    And thanks for the replies! Now I wish I would've waited to hear from everyone before I ordered the DVD. I started EARLY this morning with the workouts. I began to do Level 1, and actually found myself kinda whooped and had to stop there. But I'm going to continue with both levels...and probably throw in an ab routine with it. I'm thinking this is good for someone so out of shape like my self! :P I'm also on strict calorie intake, and trying to consume more proteins. Hopefully that helps?? Anyone have a good, healthy food they'd suggest? Low in calories, of course! Thanks! :wink: