Day 4...done!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I did day 4 tonight. It was a family affair. Me, hubby (he did half because he was putting the baby to bed during the first half) and my 7 and 8 year olds. Its still hard, but less hard. I did 13 push ups in the first set and 8 in the second set. I STILL cannot get through the first cardio without taking a break. But...drumroll please....I got through the second and third sets without taking a break! Barely, and I may have gone a little slower than I wanted, but I did it. Wow. And YAY! I'd pat myself on the back, but I'm not quite sure my arm will reach with the stiffness LOL. I did the last set of bicycle crunches too though went slower than I would have liked.

After this workout though, I don't feel like I worked as hard. Are any of you adjusting your calories burned downward as you were able to do the workout better?

On the plus side, I feel like I look different already, even though my measurements have barely changed and my weight is the same. I don't know if I'm imaginging it or not, but I swear I've got less back fat LOL. And, my husband told me that in my new workout clothes he can really see how much weight I've lost.

Does anyone else lose less weight when you're working out hard? I assume it's the whole building muscle thing, but sometimes it's frustrating. I've been working out really well the last couple of weeks and my losees are smaller.

Replies

• lvnaris
    lvnaris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D3 and you were right; it wasnt too bad. Again, it's the side lunges/anterior arm sets that kill me. I may switch to 5lbs for the other arm sets, tho.

I'll pat you on the back! Good job! I don't mind slowing down if it means good form. I have to remind myself that good form matters more.

I don't adjust calories burned. Maybe in a few days or as I switch levels. On another calorie related note, according to my food diary I have to increase my calorie intake. Sigh
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are preachin to the choir my dear! I feel like I could have wrote everything you just said. I did the exact same number of push ups! And I am seeing the same thing in my body too. I can feel a change when I put my hands on my ribs, but no weight loss and no inches as of yet. I had this very same thing happen the first time I tried 30DS. I am hoping this time I will see the pounds drop, last time I lost 8 inches in my first week!! I don't expect to see the same results this time as it is easier for me, but it is still hard as heck. I do not adjust my calories, but one thing I will do is include extra cardio as the workout gets easier. I won't do any extra weights during the 30DS, just extra cardio. Hang in there my dear and keep rockin it out and I'm sure you will see the results you want.
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D4 and today was def easier than day 3. However, I have been watching my calories very closely and doing the 30DS in the morning (with exception to tonight) and working out at the gym in the evening and my weight loss has stalled. I haven't lost a pound. So frustrating! But I'm hanging in there and going to see this through to the end! Onward and upward. We can only get better! BTW I loved that your kids did this too...In the mornings I have my little ones to help cheer me on and "participate". It's great to have the support!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I haven't been changing my calorie burn - my thinking is that I'm doing more so working just as hard. I still have ot take a break in the first cardio, it isn't a question of being out of breath just my calves feel like they're being stabbed. Jumping jacks followed by jump rope is just not fun!

I am finding it easier though and am able to do more push ups which are the other thing I really struggle with. I feel an improvement in the way I look - I feel like I've tonedup a wee bit on my waist and back already, I haven't touched the tape measure yet though - I feel like it is best to leave it until 10 days in otherwise if you don't see a change you might feel disheartened.

I am just excited to keep going with it! Day 5 here we come!
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree on the jumping jacks then jump ropes together! Calves burn like crazy!!!! Total OUCHY!!! lol. I personally have a hard time with breathing and i feel like im not doing any of the crunches right. Anybody else???
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Day 4 felt good. Push ups were still a struggle, but I can definitely see a difference in the crunches.

This is my second week with weight loss and the first week I lost nothing. I stepped on the scale this morning to see if I'm on track and still nothing! I'm staying within my calories. I've been exercising everyday for at least 20 min. Maybe I'm not counting cals accurately? I haven't been eating any sweets or snacking late at night. I get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. If the scale hasn't shown any loss on Mon, then it's going to be a tough week.

Last year, in my first week of weight loss I lost 4lbs! From there on it was 1-2lbs a week. There were a couple weeks I didn't lose, but it wasn't this hard starting out. Not sure what to adjust.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wondering if i'm the only uk based person in this group as i seem to be ahead all the time. I have just finished L1 day 5 and it felt really good, i still totally suck at push ups but then i don't think i will ever be able to them properly. Everything else is getting easier, i love the cardio segments. I'm trying not to weigh at the moment because i just want to see how it affects my measurements but i have already noticed a difference in some clothes so can't wait to do a full measure on day 10. I was going to take the weekends off but at the moment feel i'm on a bit of a roll so will prob carry it on this weekend at least, especially as i have no netball tomorrow.
  • ladybug2000
    ladybug2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Water! Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. That has helped me. I just started my weight loss. I started two week ago.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    L1D6 completed:bigsmile: Very tired with it as of today:frown: Hope I get out of my funk!!!!!!!

exercise.png
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    L1D6 completed:bigsmile: Very tired with it as of today:frown: Hope I get out of my funk!!!!!!!

I was getting bored last night too. I was SHOCKED that I briefly considered getting on the treadmill after I was done. Maybe I will do that in another week LOL.

If you truly are getting bored, why not try level 2? At least it will be different :-)
  • SheilaS95
    Options
    L1D4 done! (After my 1 hour spinning class too!) cardio was a bit harder today since I did 30DS after my regular Friday gym workout. I haven't seen the scale go down yet, infact, it has crept up - but I'm not going to worry about that just yet (it aways goes up before it goes down when I add in a new type of exercise)
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    L1D8 done... I'm doing well with the strength and abs but my cardio endurance has gone down :( I'm hoping its because I am just tired the past couple days!! moving on to L2 in a few days :|
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!

I am getting better but the cardio kills me! The abs and crunches, i'm getting there and getting comfortable!

I have been doing the 30DS and after hitting the elliptical, 4-5 mins! Just to say I pushed myself a little more! Can't wait for level 2!!! I hope after Level 3 is passed I can do the whole DVD at once! 1h30 mins of crazyness with Jillian!!!

What is your goal after finishing level 3???