Who's here & what cycle/day are you on?

Options
wwmoab
wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
I'm excited to find another 17DD group---hopefully more active participants here. I've learned a lot from others' posts about doing 17DD and look forward to reading the old posts here too.

I'm C1D4...only 4 days in, so it's easy to be uber-excited. I have a lot to lose, so I've already lost 4lbs. The first day was the hardest as I had a sugar headache, and even the 2nd day I was finding it hard to get to 1000 calories. Today's the first day I feel really good, feeling like I do have choices so long as I prepare in advance (boil eggs, chop veggies).

I bought Kefir for the first time today...I'm thinking I'll use it with my fruit allowance for a smoothie tomorrow. I found greek yogurt with Stevia too.

Would love to hear how others are doing! What's helped you stick with it the most? Pitfalls to avoid?

Replies

• theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am C2D7 and I ve lost nearly 12lbs. I truely love this diet.:heart:
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In am on C1D9 - I am finding myself too tired to exercise . I have been averaging 800 calories a day. I think I just need to eat more around lunch no matter if I am full or not - alot of times I am just to busy and quickly eat a small salad and then by 4pm -5pm I don't have the energy when I get home to work out.. Any one else have similar experiences?
    Other than that I am pleased and finding it easy and the food enjoyable - I am hooked on Fage Strawberry Gojo .... Yummy!!!
  • wwmoab
    wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love hearing that others are farther along and have been able to stick with it. I have a lot to lose, so I've been losing about a pound a day:)
  • Janey82
    Janey82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on c2d2. I've lost 10lbs so far. I am definitely having trouble hitting 1200 cals a day following the meals in the book. I don't like to eat too much for dinner since I workout at night and during the day for lunch I'm usually on the road for work so no access to my kitchen. I've actually been planning out my meals for each day of the week every Sunday. Once I do that I usually make my lunch the night before since I don't have time in the morning (I wake up too early for work). Most days my lunch is a salad with either tuna on top or baked chicken (also like to add feta cheese too) drizzled in either olive oil and balsamic vinegar or a sugar free/fat free dressing along with a serving of fruit and/or plain Greek nonfat yogurt with a packet of Truvia. I also packs lots of veggies like baby carrots and celery to munch on just in case I'm still hungry. So if you have trouble with lunchtime because of work I definitely recommend planning out your meals and making it the night before.

I also feel like not exercising too when I get home from work, but I make myself do something like walking for a half hour. It's better than doing nothing. I do give myself 1 or 2 days off if I exercised extra hard during the week.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group! Most people report great successes with this diet. C1 is the hardest, while we detox and pare down our list of acceptable foods.

But it does get easier.

I'll reiterate here that if you are feeling too hungry, can't stomach any more vegetables, and need lean protein, trying adding some flavored whey powder to your yogurt or kefir. It really helps.
  • ashaw1811
    ashaw1811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a true newbie here. On C1D2.....tried to do a 30 minute workout video but was only able to get through 15 mins. :frown:
    I'm sure it will get better though.....
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting ready to start C1D1 tomorrow (figured I'd start on the 1st ot the month). I am in the middle of doing P90X so it will be interesting to see how I do energy wise. Glad to have found this group!
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    I'm a true newbie here. On C1D2.....tried to do a 30 minute workout video but was only able to get through 15 mins. :frown:
    I'm sure it will get better though.....

If you have not been working out much recently, then 15 minutes is a good start. You will find you progress fairly rapidly, especially after the first diet cycle.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Well, I started today. Planned my meals out so I should be fine. Trying to get used to the taste of plain greek yogurt...the berries I added helped a little it will just take a few days.
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    Why "plain" yogurt? I just eat the nonfat no-sugar kinds.

And I add a 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder to plump it up a bit.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Why "plain" yogurt? I just eat the nonfat no-sugar kinds.

And I add a 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder to plump it up a bit.

I can't find any no sugar yogurt. I use the plain since it hhas the least amount I can find.
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    Can you find the flavored whey protein powder? It comes in a lot of different flavors: vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cookies n cream, peanut butter chocolate.

Add 1/2-1 scoop to 6oz plain yogurt -- it will sweeten it up without adding sugar.

Where are you from that you can't find light yogurt? It's everywhere here. You can barely find the sugared kind! I try to buy the non-light kind for my daughter (who needs to gain not lose weight) and I have to buy Chobani nonfat. I want sugar and fat in her yogurt.
  • stormy213
    Options
    I guess I am confused....I eat chobani plain which still has 6g of sugar in it. The flavored ones have a lot more. I do put a protein powder in that has 1 gram of sugar with 25 g of protein. We have plenty of "light" yogurt here but it has sugar in it.
  • Janey82
    Options
    It took me a while to figure out what sugar free yogurt was. It's basically any yogurt that uses Splenda or other non sugar sweetener (example Dannon Light & Fit). I highly recommend not eating those and avoiding anything with Splenda just because of the aspertane. You're better off eating chobani Greek yogurt. If you're like me and feel like there's a lot of sugar in chobani then treat that as 1 serving of probiotic and 1 serving of fruit. I eat mostly plain Greek yogurt (stonyfields oikos plain Greek yogurt because it is low in cal and sugar than chobani plain Greek yogurt) and add 1 packet of truvia to help sweeten it up.
  • stormy213
    Options
    It took me a while to figure out what sugar free yogurt was. It's basically any yogurt that uses Splenda or other non sugar sweetener (example Dannon Light & Fit). I highly recommend not eating those and avoiding anything with Splenda just because of the aspertane. You're better off eating chobani Greek yogurt. If you're like me and feel like there's a lot of sugar in chobani then treat that as 1 serving of probiotic and 1 serving of fruit. I eat mostly plain Greek yogurt (stonyfields oikos plain Greek yogurt because it is low in cal and sugar than chobani plain Greek yogurt) and add 1 packet of truvia to help sweeten it up.

Ok...That's what I thought....thanks for clarifying. I also stay away from the artificially sweetened yogurts mainly because they are too sweet for me. I actually like the plain greek yogurt with fruit. Thanks again!
  • Janey82
    Options
    I'm on c2d10 and weighed myself today... I'm down 2lbs. I'm really happy and satisfied with this result :)
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ive been on & off 17dd since Nov, but today I am going to begin C1D1. I am praying that I will have the strength & willpower to stick to it this time, and to the T.
  • ashaw1811
    ashaw1811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am now on C1D10 and I am down 11 pounds. Super excited about that......but I have broken a tooth that is really painful and have had a hard time finding something soft that is still acceptable on the 17DD. I started drinking the Lipton's cup of soup once a day and yogurt for breakfast and lunch. I'm scared I will put my body in starvation mode and stop losing weight. :sad:
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    Splenda and aspartame are not the same things. They are two separate artificial sweeteners. I don't have a problem with them personally. I'm not going to choke down something that's good for me but has zero flavor.

Anyway, yogurt comes from milk which has milk sugars. You can't avoid those. There is about 14g of carb in standard milk and yogurt.

Traditional flavored yogurts have high fructose corn syrup in them for flavor. "Light" yogurts use artificial sweeteners.
  • Janey82
    Options
    Huh did not know that. A lot of people told me Splenda had aspartame in it which I know is bad for you so I always avoided it. Personally I don't like artificial sweeteners but the only one I'm willing to use is Truvia, but I use it sparingly.