Mini weekend challenge!

Options
Oh Friday, day of joy much anticipation. Fridays are the beginning all those exciting weekend plans but also of deviation from the safety and structure of our weekly meal and exercise routines. Many a weekend indulgence has led to Monday morning weight gain for me.

So this weekend I challenge you (and me) to the following:

1. Go for at least a 20min walk/run outside this weekend. Winter is hard enough and I spend too much time inside during these months- let go outside!
2. Treat yourself (but just a little). For long term success we all need to enjoy our trigger foods in moderation. Pick one thing you usually go overboard with and eat/drink a reasonable portion of it. Mine will be wine or cider.

Happy Friday everyone! :wink:

Replies

• lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You too. I'll be heading to the gym on Sunday with the boyfriend.
  • bronzeon
    bronzeon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I'm game.
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I live a nice walk away from an amazing donut shop... perhaps I'll jaunt on over there this weekend and hit both points. (The have maple-covered buttermilk bars which are like Old Fashioned donuts on 'roids, so I'm going to get one and eat half... maybe I ought to let DH have the other half, though, instead of saving it to eat later... :)
  • Maksimow01
    Maksimow01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great idea--I plan to walk with the hub on Sunday and my treat will be wine! Also planning some hot yoga!
  • lulabox
    Options
    1. Indoor cardio on a Friday night - 4km. Does that count? Nowhere to run where I live. I will be walking around London in a few hours.
    2. Tonight I will have a nice pub meal...
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I treated myself yesterday and will walk tomorrow.:happy:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I did the 20 minute walk on Saturday. Not treating myself this weekend unfortunately, so I've failed the challenge - having a HUGE treat on Tuesday in the form of a pizza that will probably take me over my calories for the day, so I can't afford to be treating this weekend as well.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I did the 20 minute walk on Saturday. Not treating myself this weekend unfortunately, so I've failed the challenge - having a HUGE treat on Tuesday in the form of a pizza that will probably take me over my calories for the day, so I can't afford to be treating this weekend as well.

Can't you just have a lick of ice cream or something?!:laugh:

I wanted to check in and say I managed this today. I have been an invalid all weekend and not able to walk really but I found going shopping forced me out the house for a 60 min walk. Amazing where you find the strength really!
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Can't you just have a lick of ice cream or something?!:laugh:

I wanted to check in and say I managed this today. I have been an invalid all weekend and not able to walk really but I found going shopping forced me out the house for a 60 min walk. Amazing where you find the strength really!

Wow congrats! I had to force myself out for my walk as well (I'm a total homebody during the weekends) but I managed to get my walk in. :)

How'd the weekend go for everyone else? I ended up have drinks on both Friday and Saturday. On Friday I went out with the girls, had a blast and stayed within my limit. However on Saturday friends came over to our place for games night and entertaining got the best of me. I need to figure out how to be a good host without diving into all the snacks we serve guests.
  • lulabox
    Options
    I went to a pub birthday meal followed by a party on Saturday night. The boy and I were supposed to train it home in the evening. Instead we crashed there for the night as the party was great and I saw people I hadn't seen for a very long time. Result: enormously copious amounts of wine and beer, and 300g (0.5lb) up since last week...

No parties planned for the next few weeks, but for the future if there is one in the pipeline, I will have to eat far less every day to compensate for the party day. Damage control!