Hello- new group memeber here

Options
sarah2005
sarah2005 Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I'm not sure if I'm a binge eater because I'm not sure if there is a clinical definition for it- is there? But, I can tell you this- I feel out of control when it comes to food and I'll find myself throwing tons of food away just to keep from eating it, because if I don't get it "out of sight" I will EAT it until it is gone. Brownies, pancakes, popcorn, pasta...all of it, I have to hide from or I will sadly eat 2-3 servings of it at one sitting. Afterwards, I feel awful about it, but I can't stop when I'm eating it, and I eat it FAST. I only do it when I'm home by myself, not in front of family and friends because I would be quite embarrased. So IF this is binge eating- then I'm needing some support and would love to support others. I'm 30yrs old, 2 kids (age 6 and 2) 5'2 and 119LB with a goal of 110

Replies

• karacakes77
    karacakes77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608/DSECTION=symptoms

Here is what I found on it when I was unsure if it was a real eating disorder or not. I have a hard time saying that I have BED, but I think I do because of depression, eating alone (hiding food), feeling out of control and thinking about food all the time. This group is not very active, but I'm making an effort to get on here more.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This group isn't very active, but hopefully if enough of us start posting it will become that way. Feel free (either of you :)) to friend me if you want support that way.
  • jenfurmcmonkey
    jenfurmcmonkey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm quite new here and Im so glad I've found this group.

I'm in the uk, and have a referral to the eating disorder service that the NHS run.

Not sure what to expect but I don't think I want to second guess it incase I freak out before going.

It would be great to have an active group on here to say hi to
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm sorry to say that sounds like binge eating to me. I know because I do the same thing at times. :sad: I cannot have certain binge foods in my house or I will eat it. All! It sucks and I feel your pain. My hardest time to not binge is at my desk at work. I work in a hospital and there is easy access to many of my binge foods. (It's crazy that there's so much crap food in hospitals but there is!) I gained about 4-5 lbs since mid-December and am trying to lose them again. That won't happen if I am bingeing!

I can be and need to be more active on this board as I, too, need support from others who are like me. I check the messages every day and am glad to see some new members and posts. :smile:

Fridays are especially difficult for me because there aren't a lot of people around - they leave early on Fridays but I don't ,so I am here in my office by myself and if I am bored or don't feel like working it can be hard to stay away from the crap food.

Today is my third day without a binge and I feel so much better. I know I can make it through today without crap food (which just about always turns into a binge) because I have made it through days in the past and for the last two days. But I could still use support and I'm glad you all are here!