Week FOUR!!!

KerriMx5
KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
Ladies we need to kick it up a bit. I was thinking, weight loss is a very personal journey. It is wonderful to have people to support you, but when it comes down to it, YOU and YOU alone decide if you are going to get off your bum and workout or eat that cookie.

This week let's aim for:

30-45 minutes a day. AT LEAST!!

1400 calorie burn!! We need to increase each week.

The other thing I want you to do is think of something that YOU need to focus on. Example- longer workouts, eating better, water, whatever it is that YOU think you need to improve in order to have a better loss this week. Please post it here. Friday, when you weigh in let me know if you finished the task you set for yourself.

We can do this ladies!!

Replies

• krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    My work outs should start rolling in!!!!!! i got an elliptical yesterday i just need to get it together tomorrow. we were out bedroom set shopping today all day and went to visit my grandpa.
    and hubby even bought him some $65 running shoes so he is going to start working out too!!!!!! that will really help motivate me.

i really need to start drinking more water. im horrible. with 4 kids to take care of on top of house duties i just totally forget. many days it will come to be 4pm before i realize i havent drank a sip of a single liquid . i am totally done with sodas havent had one in i think 3 and half months. its more gatorade than anything now. but that is much better than dr pepper.

fast food i still eat it especially when hubby was on vacation and whe we were shopping today and yesterday BUT i opt for the healthier stuff. a chicken pita at jack in the box, subway roasted chicken breast on 9 grain bread, at sonic instead of chili chees tots like usual. i got a grilled chicken sandwich with easy mayo. and for dinner instead of pizza i got a chicken salad sandwich from chick-fil-a so im making better choices than i normally would. i made brownies but not eating them all like i normally would either. and portion control is doing fantastic. just need to watch my snacking i find my self snacking through the day usually gram crackers and peanut butter most of the time
  • krista010105

1400 calorie burn!! We need to increase each week.

how do you do 1400 calorie burn. im working my butt off for 27 minutes doing 30 day shred and i feel like im going to die afterward and my heart rate monitor only says 237 burned on average. so how do i do 1400 burned.

and should i be eating what i burn or just my 1500 calorie limit making my net as close to 0 as possible????? im confused about that.
  • KerriMx5
    There is major debate on eating cals back. For me it doesn't work. For some it does. I say try what you think is best and see how it goes.

As for getting to 1400. Last week I was right under the calorie burn I set. I think I was at 1188. For me, and this is just me, to get to 1400 I am going to have to either workout more or try something a little more intense. Step outside my box. I burn around 250-300 for a 60 min walk but I can burn that for a 27 min video of Jillian. So, if I up my workouts I can up my cals burned. I am going to aim for 90 minutes this week. That is just me though and I KNOW that isn't feasible for everyone.

I say, do your Jillian, maybe a walk with the kids and see where you land. You might come closer then you think you can. It is up to you though. Just a suggestion. :)
  • KerriMx5
    I have been really thinking about my goal this week. All sorts of ideas floating in my head. I was thinking no sweets BUT with girl time coming I need to be a little real. I don't need to be to grumpy denying myself chocolate. That might be my goal to myself next week.

I am going to continue my no fast food. I have now had a week with no fries or anything. I can do another. :)

I want to workout more this week. What I really want to do is start lifting BUT I need to still make a space for that. That will be next weeks goal. I have permission from the doctor to start. YEAH!! Getting time to workout will be a challenge. I want to do 60 minutes of something a day with the goal to strive for 90 minutes!!

What I HAVE to do this week though is work on my food. Food, proper food, is a BIG issue for me. You can see it if you see my diary. I might eat under or close to my goal but my choices stink. Some days that can't be helped. If I am running with the kids I might end up with a shake or granola bar. Which is better then fast food. I need to make right choices for dinner though. We get paid Tuesday and I plan to make a good grocery list and plan my food better. I need more fruits and veggies. So, this week I am going to aim for better choices and more fruits and veggies.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    My goal this week is going to be more veggies. The fruit is no problem but veggies seem to elude me :) let's get it this week ladies!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    I'm having a really hard time figuring out my goal for the week.

My first thought was to finish week 4 of couch to 5k. I've been struggling with week 4 day 1 since last week. I finally did it on Saturday, but I had to add in more rest time than the app suggested, so I'll be repeating week 4 day 1 again today, and aiming to run it as written from the program. However, with TOM coming this week, I'll probably end up taking a day off the gym, so I don't think I'll be able to finish week 4 by Friday.

But I have another idea. It's food related as well. What if I make my goal to plan my meals out at the beginning of the day everyday this week, and to keep my carbs below 150 and my sodium below 2000 everyday this week. I started this last week, and for a few days I did it very well, but I usually have problems sticking with what I've started, so I'm challenging myself to stick with it. The second part of this is to add in more weigh training this week. I'd like to do 120 minutes of weight training this week. I already have 25 under my belt from Saturday.

So there it is: plan meals everyday with carbs below 150 and sodium below 2000 and get in 120 minutes of weight training. Is that ok?
  • KerriMx5
    Sounds great and reasonable!!
  • krista010105
    4 months ago i completely cut soda out of my diet. and that drastically helped for the first month i lost 15 lbs just not drinking sodas.
    then i cut out sweets for a month and lost another 6 lbs i have picked back up on the sweets but not anywhere close to where i was. i will have 4 girl scout cookies or a nutty bar here or there i used to eat a whole box of cookies at once and 3 pkgs of nutty bars.

i cut out all fried french fries 3 months ago and i feel better just knowing im not eating 700 calories of curly fries. i have been doing FANTASTIC we go to jack in the box alot and y husband will get a burger combo with large dr pepper and large curly fries and i just stick to my chicken pita no cheese no onion. and a cup of water. the other day hubby finally gave in to weeks of me trying to get him to try a chicken pita and he liked it then the next day he said lets go to jack in the box and get pitas lol i was like heck ya!!!!! he still got fries but switching to a pita from a double meat double cheese extra mayo burger to a pita is a great start for him. he just worked for 5 hours to put together the elliptical and i went to buy me new running shoes that actually fit with income tax and he boughht him a pair too. having hubby on board will really help me get on track cause when he is determined to do something he does it full force. i just need to get him into determined mode. he has been depressed about his job lately so hopefully he will get out of his rutt and help me loose weight. he bought me all new clothes and all kinds of fashion jewlery and belts adn stuff and says i look so much better looking like a female so he will like it even better when im a female with a solid rock hard but!!!
  • KerriMx5
    Oh and I had to laugh... I think at least three of us will have or close to having girl time for this weigh in. Based on what people have said in posts and such.
  • KerriMx5
    Krista all those "small" changes really make a difference. I think that is what people don't always get. Tackling it all at once is sometimes hard. Doing it in steps makes it manageable and look how good you have done!!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Oh and I had to laugh... I think at least three of us will have or close to having girl time for this weigh in. Based on what people have said in posts and such.

LOL, yeh... It's not looking so good for weigh in is it? I usually have a big drop in weight once my TOM arrives, but I don't know if it will happen by Friday.
  • KerriMx5
    Me either. Mine is up 2 pounds right now. I am pushing water and workouts but I can only do so much. My body has a mind of it's own on this. LOL

The following week will be great. LOL If we don't "go home."
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    hey ladies just stopping by to check on you guys hope everyone is doing great!!!